Best guess for iTMS Europe, iTMS Canada.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Guessing Europe will come first given it's greater population...but still hoping for iTMS Canada!

Anyone have any insider tips as to estimated timelines for either? Sure, it could be the labels in each respective country...

I wonder if it's even a priority for Apple. They may still be working on solidifying their U.S. marketshare?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Fingers crossed for Australia as well... all kinds of mumblings about "music store this" and "music store that" have been going on down here.

Apple has to make it worldwide... but when, and in which order...... well that's anyone's guess.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    my guess? april for europe. just a hunch.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I don't want to talk about it...

• Reply 4 of 9
    I doubt there will be a European iTMS. There will be instead, individually based stores for each in the language of that country. Also content will be vary because there are local artists that are popular in one country and not in another. Pricing may also vary because of taxes, artists arrangements, etc. It's not easy.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Japan and then Canada.

Mr Jobs said that Japan would have a store in the spring.

The Japanese spring comes some time in February, even if it's cold.

The fiscal year here is in April so it could be in that time frame.

Canada is a single, large market and within 'earshot' of the U.S.A.

I agree that there will be individual European national stores following

since the Economic Community is still less of a community.

The price? I'd say 125 yen for a tune and similarly $1.25 Canadian.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by benjamin_r

Fingers crossed for Australia as well... all kinds of mumblings about "music store this" and "music store that" have been going on down here.

Apple has to make it worldwide... but when, and in which order...... well that's anyone's guess.

Can't comment on worldwide but iTMS Australia will be available very soon. As in before the end of Q1 and more likely before Feb is out.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    February 24th: iTMS canada and australia.

March 9th: Europe
  • Reply 8 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    April for iTMS Canada

June for iTMS UK and October for the rest of Europe
  • Reply 9 of 9
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I doubt there will be a European iTMS. There will be instead, individually based stores for each in the language of that country. Also content will be vary because there are local artists that are popular in one country and not in another. Pricing may also vary because of taxes, artists arrangements, etc. It's not easy.

Eww, that sounds very... un-Mac-like. I would hope Apple would keep it as unified (but customizable) as possible. See, where iTMS could really shine is have a whole herd (flock? swarm? um, cluster?) of US kids making a folk singer from Whosewhereistan a star. Getting European artist available to Europeans is the main point, I understand that, but the potential for cross-cultivating is huge too.

But what do I know...

Screed