Thumbnail embedding in iPhoto?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've finally gotten myself a digital camera and my analog camera is in semi retirement already. I use iPhoto 2 (bundled with 10.3) to download my photos.

Everything works fine, except when I copy photos out to be mailed to friends, or shared over SMB and so on. I noticed in Finder that I get thumbnails already embedded in the icons. This is cool as I get quickly get a preview of the photos from within Finder itself.

I then noticed that not all photos have this built-in and I managed to identify that this occurs only with photos that have been rotated (within iPhoto) from landscape to portrait. Is this an iPhoto bug?

Is there any way to [batch] embed the rotated thumbnails, so that I can view images that I've copied out without using iPhoto or Preview? I find it handy to have thumbnails from within Finder.

Has this been fixed in the new iLife bundle? If so, I might get that after this Australia Day long weekend.

Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, you could use Column view, or you could check 'Show icon preview' in List mode's View Options menu (Cmd-J in Finder).
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Well, you could use Column view, or you could check 'Show icon preview' in List mode's View Options menu (Cmd-J in Finder).

Thanks for the prompt response. But I don't want to use Column view as I would have to manually select every file to view it. Also, I get the same problem with List view.

I want to be able to view all thumbnails at a glance similar to iPhoto, but from within Finder [only]. I find it strange that it works only with landscape photos, but not portrait photos...