Left Channel of Sony MDR-EX71 not working with iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hallo everyone

Out of the blue, I no longer hear anything through the left earbud of my Sony MDR-EX71 earphones. This problem occurs only with my iPod; my Pismo plays music fine.

Is there anything I can do on my part? Or should I send it straight to Apple?

Please advise. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Do other headphones work fine with your iPod? Is it with or without the inline remote?

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried powered speakers with my iPod, as well as the heaphones with and without the remote. I have a Touchwheel 10GB iPod by the way.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by catalyst

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried powered speakers with my iPod, as well as the heaphones with and without the remote. I have a Touchwheel 10GB iPod by the way.

And..?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

And..?

Erm is there anything more I should do before sending it to Apple?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I think what the confusion is about is have you tried different headphones? If yes, did they work?

Your answer was not very clear.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Oh sorry about that.

Well I tried powered speakers with the iPod, and only the right channel works (as with the earphones). Speaker works fine with my computer.

Also tried the earphones with and without the remote control attached to the iPod.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If I was a bettin man, I'd say it was the connector on the remote or iPod itself. If you get the same results plugging the headphones directly into the iPod, then send it in. If that's fine and having the remote in-line is a problem, get a new remote.

In the past I had a problem with the remote -- cheap P.O.S. -- and had to buy another one, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

If I was a bettin man, I'd say it was the connector on the remote or iPod itself. If you get the same results plugging the headphones directly into the iPod, then send it in. If that's fine and having the remote in-line is a problem, get a new remote.

In the past I had a problem with the remote -- cheap P.O.S. -- and had to buy another one, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.

Thanks for the advice! I guess I've no choice but to send it in. Sigh I'll miss it.

Thanks once more to all who bothered replying!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I know of other people who have 3G ipods where the sound has gone in one channel. This is fault with the female connector on the iPod.

Another design fault on the iPod (BATTERIES) - not good...

®
  • Reply 9 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rendevous

I know of other people who have 3G ipods where the sound has gone in one channel. This is fault with the female connector on the iPod.

Another design fault on the iPod (BATTERIES) - not good...

®

FUD. Please stop with it. And spell check your username.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

FUD. Please stop with it. And spell check your username.

Was browsing through iPodLounge's forums and didn't see such a problem. Some owners of earlier iPods were complaining of broken connectors though.