"Apple 20th anniversary ad displays tomorrows date"

Comments

• Reply 41 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Now, Apple may choose to introduce something tomorrow, but if they do it will be unrelated to this... glitch... and at *BEST* will be opportunistic from the misinformation and misinterpretations running around.

Unless you think that 20 years ago Jobs said "Yeah, let's plan ahead *TWENTY YEARS* to introduce a machine on *THAT SPECIFIC DAY*, *AND* let's use fuzzy zeroes in two different styles to make people wonder, *AND* let's *NOT* use the current year which is the BASIS OF OUR ENTIRE FREAKING AD CAMPAIGN!"

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

The 1984 Jobs didn't think of it - but the 2004 Jobs went back in time using the Apple TimePort Extreme and told his younger self to brief Chiat-Day to brief Ridley Scott to put in some frames which were ambiguous.

I've seen TimeCop, seems obvious to me.
  • Reply 42 of 61
    there are no mistakes and there are no coincidences.

Both are illusions perpetrated by a mind intent on seeing itself separate from the rest of life, the universe and eveything.

• Reply 43 of 61
    corbucorbu Posts: 40member
    Quote:

Unless you think that 20 years ago Jobs said "Yeah, let's plan ahead *TWENTY YEARS* to introduce a machine on *THAT SPECIFIC DAY*, *AND* let's use fuzzy zeroes in two different styles to make people wonder, *AND* let's *NOT* use the current year which is the BASIS OF OUR ENTIRE FREAKING AD CAMPAIGN!"

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

I am not taking any sides on whether tommorrow will include product announcements.. but the entire ad has been hacked. Did you mis the iPod on the woman's belt...? If they can add that to hundreds of frames, changing the date shouldn't be so hard.
  • Reply 44 of 61
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The date is the same on the original... which I have.
  • Reply 45 of 61
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by corbu

I am not taking any sides on whether tommorrow will include product announcements.. but the entire ad has been hacked. Did you mis the iPod on the woman's belt...? If they can add that to hundreds of frames, changing the date shouldn't be so hard.

No, that was Apple's PODMAN portable tape player. Sony totally ripped Apple off on that one.
  • Reply 46 of 61
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

The date is the same on the original... which I have.

They could have easily altered your original. They obviously know the way around your "secure" OSX firewall, pal.
  • Reply 47 of 61
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Good god, man, will you shut the heck up? I'm trying to keep my internal line to Apple HQ a *secret*!

D'oh.
  • Reply 48 of 61
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well guys, seeing as how tomorrow is my birthday, it's only right that Apple should release/announce something special, butt-kicking and monumental.

Someone send me a Fairuza iCard please...
  • Reply 49 of 61
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

... it's only right that Apple should release/announce something special, butt-kicking and monumental....

New for 2004, the Apple Pscates. The Pscates is the world's most portable computer. 98% of our research efforts have been directed towards it over the last 5 years. The Pscates is about the size of an iPod, yet it is a fully funtional G5 based computer running Panther. The user interacts with Pscates via a holographic screen of any desired size, and controls it with mind control... that's telekenisis Holmes.

Pscates.. the computer for the rest of us for the next 20 years.

Starting at $2800
  • Reply 50 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by Guartho

New for 2004, the Apple Pscates. The Pscates is the world's most portable computer. 98% of our research efforts have been directed towards it over the last 5 years. The Pscates is about the size of an iPod, yet it is a fully funtional G5 based computer running Panther. The user interacts with Pscates via a holographic screen of any desired size, and controls it with mind control... that's telekenisis Holmes.

Pscates.. the computer for the rest of us for the next 20 years.

Starting at $2800

yet only usable for those who have over 5000 posts at a rumor board.
  • Reply 51 of 61
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Well guys, seeing as how tomorrow is my birthday, it's only right that Apple should release/announce something special, butt-kicking and monumental.

No. Tuesday is MY Birthday. They'll give me a present... NOT you

Moreover, it's my 20th Birthday... even more fitting.
  • Reply 52 of 61
    No wait, I bet if you de-interlaced the frames you could interpolate a comparison between several of the frames and determine if its an eight or... arrrgghh!!! I can't f**king believe you are all actually seriously discussing this.

You all need to seriously step away from your computer for a few hours, spend time with your significant other or go find one and get some perspective.

I can't believe this thread has gone on this long. Sheesh.
  • Reply 53 of 61
    \
  • Reply 54 of 61
    Uh, why is this thread (or a new thread with the smae title) mentioned on AI home page as a news item, but I can't access it?
  • Reply 55 of 61
    It's not a story because it's an 8. I guess he realized that and deleted it.
  • Reply 56 of 61
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eupfhoria

yet only usable for those who have over 5000 posts at a rumor board.

I'm in good company, slick.
  • Reply 57 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by philmaker2004

The AppleInsider news byte lists a date of Dec 31 1969. What's the hidden meaning here? Or is that a 6?

They must have had an issue with the strtotime function. That function starts at the UNIX epoch, which is Jan 1, 1970. If it can't do that, it sends back a -1, which would be Dec 31, 1969.

• Reply 58 of 61
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Almost as good as "stop it or we will club this baby seal"

• Reply 59 of 61
    Steve comes out tomorrow and says..."Its been 20 years, can I hear Steve Steve Steve! one more time? You see, never let anyone sign your checks, we've had to file chapter 9 bankruptcy...20 years and what do I have to show for it, NOTHIN NOTHIN NOTHIN!!!..."

lmfao
  • Reply 60 of 61
    You're all very very sick people....

Go check new ads and start a thread what will happen in 20 years...

CRAZY MACniacs