iTunes Europe pricing.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I bet it costs 1 EURO per track for Europe and £1 per track for the UK. I just don't expect any better, Great Britain seems to be ripped off for everything and I don't expect any less in this case.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    it will be 99p per track. we love saving that extra penny...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I don't believe there will be a "Euro" store. Based on comments by Apple execs there will be individual stores for each country. Languages, taxes, release patterns and artists releases on different labels (depending on country) make it necessary. We'll see.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I still think there will be a single price ie 1 EURO except in GB hwere it'll be £1 making GB the most expensive place on earth.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

it will be 99p per track. we love saving that extra penny...

GREAAT DEAL>>>BUY 99 get 1 for FREE

• Reply 5 of 6
    I would prefer 66p per track, £6.66/album. Purely for the number connotations.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

I don't believe there will be a "Euro" store. Based on comments by Apple execs there will be individual stores for each country. Languages, taxes, release patterns and artists releases on different labels (depending on country) make it necessary. We'll see.

According to the Reuters article, it seems to me that it will be one store for all of Europe:

"Cue said one hurdle Apple has run into is the age-old practice of staggered release cycles, meaning some songs would not be available to all European consumers at the same time.

Marketing and distribution timetables often prevent music labels from a pan-European launch of an artist, meaning German consumers may have to wait weeks to buy what their friends in the UK are already listening to."