Franken goes NUTS!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I guess after advocating one b*tchslap to many Mr. Franken took it upon himself to begin physically enforcing his definition of free speech.

Franken slams physically, not verbally

Whatever happened to my rights ending at your nose?

Nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 141
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

I guess after advocating one b*tchslap to many Mr. Franken took it upon himself to begin physically enforcing his definition of free speech.

Franken slams physically, not verbally

Whatever happened to my rights ending at your nose?

Nick

We Democrats get to do what we want. That's what'll happen to your goddamned nose!

Aries 1B
  • Reply 2 of 141
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Boy, that was a really dumb move
  • Reply 3 of 141
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Who nose?
  • Reply 4 of 141
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Boy, that was a really dumb move

Franken? He's gained real respectibility with me!

Or are you talkin' to me?

ARE you talkin' to me?

HUH?

Aries 1B

Apostle of Force and Brutality and Imposing My Views On You by Whatever Means Necessary.

(Just kidding. Actually, if you don't agree with me on this force stuff, then you just might be right)
  • Reply 5 of 141
    the article describes it as a wrestling move... courting the WWE vote?
  • Reply 6 of 141
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    He should be arrested and charged.
  • Reply 7 of 141
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

the article describes it as a wrestling move... courting the WWE vote?

Wow they really are courting the south now, aren't they.

Some Questions From Rich Lowry, who Franken challenged to a fight in his last book.

?AL FRANKEN QUESTIONS:

1. Was this not a preemptive strike?

2. Isn?t it true, that the heckler did not pose an imminent threat to Dr. Dean?

3. The heckler was taunting, using language as a weapon, with no WMD evident.

4. Franken should have consulted the ACLU, Al Sharpton, Peter Jennings, and developed a multilateral consensus before attacking!

5. Isn?t this shocking, Franken behavior reminiscent of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, and Gore Vidal?

6. Why couldn?t Franken give diplomacy a chance? Franken did not exhaust all avenues of diplomacy before his unilateral militaristic attack!

7. On what evidence, did Franken declare this heckler an illegal combatant?

8. This is not the first unlawful attack by Franken and friends. It follows unprovoked attacks on Kosovo, Somalia, Rick Lowry, and others.?

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 141
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    What a maroon.
  • Reply 9 of 141
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Wow they really are courting the south now, aren't they.

Some Questions From Rich Lowry, who Franken challenged to a fight in his last book.

?AL FRANKEN QUESTIONS:

1. Was this not a preemptive strike?

2. Isn?t it true, that the heckler did not pose an imminent threat to Dr. Dean?

3. The heckler was taunting, using language as a weapon, with no WMD evident.

4. Franken should have consulted the ACLU, Al Sharpton, Peter Jennings, and developed a multilateral consensus before attacking!

5. Isn?t this shocking, Franken behavior reminiscent of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, and Gore Vidal?

6. Why couldn?t Franken give diplomacy a chance? Franken did not exhaust all avenues of diplomacy before his unilateral militaristic attack!

7. On what evidence, did Franken declare this heckler an illegal combatant?

8. This is not the first unlawful attack by Franken and friends. It follows unprovoked attacks on Kosovo, Somalia, Rick Lowry, and others.?

Nick

Classic. Franken's a loon...as are most celebs who feel it necessary to spout off their political opinons. Though, he's a bit more of a loon than most. This is the not the first example of his temper I've seen.
  • Reply 10 of 141
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Here's a little more detail:

Quote:

Yesterday, the day before the primary, my friend Kenny and I hit a final few events and went to a couple of headquarters to get spun once more before the voting starts. First it was a Dean Town Hall meeting at the Palace Theater in downtown Manchester -- this is the one where Al Franken helped take out a LaRouche protestor and, in the doing, got his glasses broken.

(Don't this place provide some decent street theater!)

This was actually a coordinated LaRouchie attack, with shouts, escalating into heckles and then blowing right through to blizzards of four-letter-words. It also seemed to show up some weaknesses in the Dean security detail. We were up on the theater's upper level and had one of the hecklers come down to the ledge, arms looping this way and that, screaming about Cheney, screaming at Dean, mostly just screaming.

He was the second string protestor or rather the second wave, after the first guy got tossed. Security at these sorts of events tends to be a 'C'mon, c'mon, you've really got to leave now' sort of affair. But as he was working up into full-froth a crew-cut three-hundred-poundish all-together not nice looking guy stomped out, extended his arm, grabbed the dude by the scruff of his neck, said a couple unpleasant things, and then proceeded to shake the guy around like a friggin' rag doll, all the while making clear that he really shouldn't have made such a scene.

Kenny and I looked at each other, thinking, "Sheesh, they're literally going to throw that guy out into the street." But a few moments later, as I'm watching Dean, scribbling in my notebook and comtemplating the fate of the LaRouchie in the hands of Dean's Rock'em, Sock'em Robot, suddenly I hear ... "Aga b'dada, yada! yada, Cheney Cheney #$%#@&, Dean Cheney, Beast Man! allooooooo, yiiiiiiigraaaaaahhhhh. Yada! Dean, who the $#@% do you think you ..."

He was back.

How did he get back in?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/arc...25.html#002495
  • Reply 11 of 141
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ahh yes, the lovely tolerant lefty.
  • Reply 12 of 141
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    This from the National Review:

Quote:

One questioner then ignored the instructions to use a microphone and started shouting from the audience.

"Why are you covering up for Dick Cheney? You are going to lose!" he screamed. "Drop out of the race. You're no Democrat. Only Lyndon LaRouche and John Kerry are real Democrats."

After ranting away for a few more moments, Dean's security staff and a few Deaniacs managed to yank this crank into the back of the auditorium.

But just then, a second protester stood up and began his own high-volume tirade.

"Dean's a liar!" he hollered.

At that point, comedian Al Franken rose from among the journalists and others near the stage and said, "Let's get him out of here."

Franken and a few others hustled the second man outside. As they did so, the first ill-mannered LaRouchite reemerged, this time standing in the balcony to the left of the proscenium, bellowing as before and looking ominously like John Wilkes Boothe just before he leapt from the balcony onto the stage of Ford's Theater and landed with a bang in the history books.

Throughout all this commotion, Howard Dean's fuse stayed long and moist. He focused on the questioner who had the floor, somehow discerned her question through the clamor and gave a coherent answer about Iran's mullahs while bedlam prevailed around him. Perhaps exhaustion and a cold had tempered Dean. Maybe he had drilled into deep reserves of self-discipline. In any case, Dean remained refreshingly composed as two clowns tried to turn a successful campaign stop into a one-ring circus.

After Dean thanked the crowd and waved goodbye, someone approached Franken who had returned to his spot at the front end of the right aisle. The Saturday Night Live veteran's trademark horn-rimmed glasses now were held together in the middle with tape. They broke as Franken foiled the attempted Palace coup.

"I never thought of you as a bouncer," the man said. "Maybe they could pay you do that."

Franken replied: "I think we security guards deserve a working wage."

http://www.nationalreview.com/murdoc...0401270912.asp

and also this from CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...rats.larouche/

Long story short, the NY Post is best used to start your fireplace.
  • Reply 13 of 141
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Uh, that post didn't say much about Franken's antics on the second crashing, it talked about Dean. Good for Dean for what that's worth.

I would think that any reasonable person would say that both the shlep that was heckling and Franken were both out of line. I mean I would but?

This is one of a few threads here designed purely to ruse others. I really should close it and the others like it since I doubt anyone has anything to actually discuss in here. Anyone care to prove me wrong?
  • Reply 14 of 141
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Uh, that post didn't say much about Franken's antics on the second crashing, it talked about Dean. Good for Dean for what that's worth.

I would think that any reasonable person would say that both the shlep that was heckling and Franken were both out of line. I mean I would but?

This is one of a few threads here designed purely to ruse others. I really should close it and the others like it since I doubt anyone has anything to actually discuss in here. Anyone care to prove me wrong?

Sure there are easily a couple of points to discuss here. First is why Franken, knowing full well that Dean had a security detail in the building felt the need to jump in. It is obvious that he had already watched at least two instances where they had taken care of the protesters before he jumped in on the third incident with the second protestor.

A second and much better question would be about the hypocracy of the left in general with regard LaRouche. He is a declared Democratic candidate who has raised over 5.6 million dollars. That actually puts him about sixth among the Democratic candidates with regard to fundraising, well ahead of other candidates like Mouseley-Braun, Sharpton and Kucinich. (Even Clark back then, but we don't know about that now)

LaRouche should be allowed to compete in the Democratic arena of ideas. The left claims it is famously tolerant and accepting of all ideas, and will even entertain more conservative candidates, but not LaRouche. If LaRouche and his ideas get beat fairly that is one thing, but they won't even let him in the game. It is the same sort of "tolerance" we see on college campuses where Leftist protest to even keep certain speakers from coming on the campus, or complain that non-leftist groups actually get funds to bring about events or speakers that support diverse ideologies as well.

Nick
  • Reply 15 of 141
    Is that supposed to be journalism from the national review? Reads more like Law and Order.
  • Reply 16 of 141
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    You can't scream 'FIRE!' in a crowded room.
  • Reply 17 of 141
    And if you do al franken still can't body slam you.
  • Reply 18 of 141
    I'm almost tempted to drive to one of the primary states and attend a rally that Franken is attempting......

Pretty tempting...

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 141
    If you do I'll buy you a tee-shirt that says "My civil rights were violated by Al Franken"
  • Reply 20 of 141
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

And if you do al franken still can't body slam you.

Not true actually. Any civilian can act if necessary, the only real question is was this necessary or was this excessive. Don't you remember the two civilians that tackled the gunman outside of the White House a few years ago? It was legal too.