Dean's campaign is broke . . . i mean busted . . . as in, bankrupt . . . i mean money

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    It's always the President's race to lose.

The country is fairly evenly split.

It's always the argument of "stay on the present course" versus "give someone else a chance to do better"

The Democratic side is much more energized this time around versus last time. Fewer will break ranks to vote for Bush.

You can try and tell yourself that Bush has no chance of losing... but it's foolish.

he's not hugely popular... his negatives are high... the economy is not where it needs to be and the Iraq situation is just one long daily body count. Over 500 dead now.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Maybe Dean can be ambassador to Canada?

Do you mean that he can travel the world spreading word of the fiscal irresponsibility of the US?

Or does he like hockey?

Perhaps you can be a little less obtuse. No?
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Kerry sleeps with a far bigger war-chest than Dean has.

Ah but there are election rules you must consider. She can only donate $2000 (or is it 20,000) to his campaign.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    You guys arguing about who has the bigger war chest are making me laugh. Here's a little litmus test for you: everyone who has access to any candidate's bank account, raise your hand.

Oh. No one? That's right, *we don't know* how much money they have, because we aren't managing the account, writing the checks, cashing the checks that come in, etc.

It's clear that Dean has probably spent big money on his web presence alone but short of looking at his media presence and ascertaining how much those things cost generally, we can't even really know what he has spent. Let alone what he has left. This stuff is not a matter of public record AFAIK, even though there are rules governing contibutions and such.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you know, this whole election process is a joke. its ridiculous how wrapped up people get in everything. i'm all for the actual voting part, but everybody makes these primaries out to be bigger than the election itself. our whole society is a joke really. stupid people in masses. that's the only way to describe all those people freaking out over how many fractions of percents these candidates get... ok... back to my lovely mac...

I most respectfully could not disagree with you more....

The process of organizing and running a cross country campaign twice gives the electorate an idea of how effectively a candidate will manage the vast federal government. Thank heavens we have seen (albeit spun by the media) how Dean's management style works before he took the Oath of Office.

I know about consultants and assistants and such; but such people are ultimately selected by the candidate and they do reflect upon the judgement of the candidate.

One Chain of Command; that's Management 001

Aries 1B
  • Reply 26 of 39
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Just begging for refutation:

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=3496

Aries 1B
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Dean just raised $1 million with an average contribution of $59.

http://www.blogforamerica.com/

By contrast, only about 12% of Kerry's and Bush's contributions come from contributions less than $200. 55% of Kerry's and 73% of Bush's contributions come in $2000 increments. Only 3% of John Edwards' money comes from contributions less than $200.

http://www.opensecrets.org/president...rmat=&sortby=S
  • Reply 28 of 39
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    I mag about capitalism... like that's even necessary.

It's funny that the tag line is about individual rights... when we know corporations stomp on those rights as much as law enforcement does.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

It's always the President's race to lose.

The country is fairly evenly split.

It's always the argument of "stay on the present course" versus "give someone else a chance to do better"

The Democratic side is much more energized this time around versus last time. Fewer will break ranks to vote for Bush.

You can try and tell yourself that Bush has no chance of losing... but it's foolish.

he's not hugely popular... his negatives are high... the economy is not where it needs to be and the Iraq situation is just one long daily body count. Over 500 dead now.

Don't put words in my mouth. He does have a chance of losing...but not a big one. The Democrats are nowhere near as energized as a party. The Left Wing of the party is very energized. The party on the whole is split.

As for Bush, he commands a job performance rating in the upper fifties most of the time. The economy is in good shape....and the only issue left fot the Dems there is jobs. We'll see how that goes. As for Iraq, I understand that there have been casaulties, but the numbers are still very low. The American people have yet to become "fatigued" about it. The majority of the country still supports the war, btw. And let's not forget, Kerry voted for it despite his spinning to contrary. The Repubblicans will kill him with that, just like the rest of his Massachussetts Elitist Rich Liberal voting record.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Don't put words in my mouth. He does have a chance of losing...but not a big one. The Democrats are nowhere near as energized as a party. The Left Wing of the party is very energized. The party on the whole is split.

As for Bush, he commands a job performance rating in the upper fifties most of the time. The economy is in good shape....and the only issue left fot the Dems there is jobs. We'll see how that goes. As for Iraq, I understand that there have been casaulties, but the numbers are still very low. The American people have yet to become "fatigued" about it. The majority of the country still supports the war, btw. And let's not forget, Kerry voted for it despite his spinning to contrary. The Repubblicans will kill him with that, just like the rest of his Massachussetts Elitist Rich Liberal voting record.

Man your capcity for denial is astounding.

I love this part......

-----------------------------------------------------------

" The economy is in good shape....and the only issue left fot the Dems there is jobs. We'll see how that goes. As for Iraq, I understand that there have been casaulties, but the numbers are still very low. The American people have yet to become "fatigued" about it. The majority of the country still supports the war, btw. "

-----------------------------------------------------------

As an extra special treat...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/28/spr...kay/index.html

And this........

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/29/news...reut/index.htm

And this.......

http://money.cnn.com/2004/01/29/news...less/index.htm

• Reply 31 of 39
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Do you mean that he can travel the world spreading word of the fiscal irresponsibility of the US?

Or does he like hockey?

Perhaps you can be a little less obtuse. No?

Why the personal attack? If dean doesn't win and the democrat nominee does then ambassador to canada aint such a bad job for him,
  • Reply 32 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Why the personal attack? If dean doesn't win and the democrat nominee does then ambassador to canada aint such a bad job for him,

I'm not sure where you got the 'personal attack' from in my reply. A statement without explanation is, in my view, obtuse. Now that you'lve kinda cleared that up you're returning to your typical (a)cute self.

Why Canada, though? (just so we can clear up all of this obtuse nonsense.)
  • Reply 33 of 39
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Ah but there are election rules you must consider. She can only donate $2000 (or is it 20,000) to his campaign.

Oh come on now. You know better than that.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I'm not sure where you got the 'personal attack' from in my reply. A statement without explanation is, in my view, obtuse. Now that you'lve kinda cleared that up you're returning to your typical (a)cute self.

Why Canada, though? (just so we can clear up all of this obtuse nonsense.)

What state is he from? Where is it located?
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Plus it's a job that he may take.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Dean is not having money problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ain/index.html

Quote:

"The Dean campaign has spent about $8.5 million overall in this race, with the majority of that, over $5 million, being between Iowa and New Hampshire," said CNN consultant Evan Tracey of TNS Media Intelligence.

About 42 million raised and 8.5 million spent. And he just raised another cool million in the past 4 days.

What the hell are people talking about him running out of money? It doesn't seem to be based on any facts other than that staffer paycheck-hold which could be for numerous other reasons.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Not paying your people has to be a bad sign. You gotta pay your people.