• Reply 21 of 32
    Topic: John Kerry is not better than Bush

he's taller, that makes him better at height

he's been shot more, that makes him better at getting shot

please add any others you think of
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

So you've shattered your illusion of purity in politics. Welcome to the real world.

Shattered illusions of John Kerry, perhaps(I never supported him anyway), but not politics. There are candidates that are a force for progressive change--eg. Peter Camejo, Ralph Nader, Howard Dean...
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

He can speak coherently.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

It took over 1000 years for the Roman Empire to finally fall....

Yep. And it will take us less than half as long I wager. The very nature of our society and how we use technology to perpetuate the various characteristics of our culture (good or bad) can make it so... our "empire" was built more quickly, and it will fall more quickly as well IMO.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    I found this and thought I'd share:

Kerry Releases Statement on why he is ?More Electable?

Today, voters want someone who can win, and ?John has proven over and over again? that he is willing to stand up and ?support the winning side.? The Kerry campaign announced today the Senator is the only Democratic candidate who has structured his entire political career around ?getting elected.? From his early childhood days as a helper on the family Chameleon Ranch, to marrying a billionaire to bankroll him, John ?has learned that a man with true integrity does what is popular.?

When it is needed, Senator Kerry can be the Justin Timberlake of the Senate. He can rip off the veneer of the lobbyists and expose their mound of special interest money. But like Janet Jackson, he can feign outrage, and with dignity he will be able to state that a ?wallet malfunction? made him become the all time leader in accepting special interest money.

Senator Kerry believes that his ?special quality? can appeal to 100% of the voters, half of the time. The campaign proudly points to Kerry?s 50/50 stance on the Iraq war. Kerry voted for the war and ?had the courage and foresight? to stand by silently during the invasion of Iraq. Kerry showed that he won?t ?be held hostage to his convictions? and delivered a speech ?condemning Bush?s actions? once the polling data showed that the speech would be popular.

According to a campaign spokesman, the fact that John can not be tied down to any major accomplishments in his 19 years in the Senate is a testament to his candidate?s drive. ?Over and over again during these 19 years, the temptation to take a stand has been there, but John has always been able to resist this temptation.? John has worked tirelessly to insure that he would not be dragged down by becoming known as ?pro-this? or ?pro-that.?

Senator Kerry has put in long hours and spent many sleepless nights waiting for the latest polling results. He is only beginning to reap to the benefits of this dedication. We believe that John?s unwavering effort to win, allows him to claim the title of ?most electable.?
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

He looks less like an ape, so he's better at evolution \
  • Reply 27 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    But he looks like Skeletor, so maybe he's evolved right through and died already.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    What's that quote I'm thinking of? Something like...

"He may be a bastard, but he's our bastard."

While I agree that most politicians are untrustworthy, liars. I think we do still have some accountability left in our system. Bush won't be re-elected if he didn't please his special interests. Kerry may be a different bag of special interests, but their generally more in line with my interests.

It will take much more than just one honest, untainted man (or woman) to change the fundamental problems with our government. Until then, I'll take the lesser of two evils.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    You really have to respect that "anyone but Bush" crowd. That's REAL forward-thinking. Anyone? How about David Duke? How about Richard Pierce? How about Louis Farrakhan? Anyone? That's just the marker of a Bush Hater. Period.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

To be honest, I really don't know what the hell happened to make everyone fall in love with Kerry in the last month.

The media is far more powerful than we'd like to believe.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

You really have to respect that "anyone but Bush" crowd. That's REAL forward-thinking. Anyone? How about David Duke? How about Richard Pierce? How about Louis Farrakhan? Anyone? That's just the marker of a Bush Hater. Period.

Clearly anyone but bush is hyperbole and they don't mean hitler or david duke or the stay puft marshmallow man. Don't be obtuse.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Clearly anyone but bush is hyperbole and they don't mean hitler or david duke or the stay puft marshmallow man. Don't be obtuse.

I'm well within normal height-to weight ratios. Not at all Obtuse. er, um....