Post your concert schedule

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This Friday: Reel Big Fish (free concert) in San Diego

March 2: Godsmack and Metallica at the Great Western Forum in LA.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

This Friday: Reel Big Fish (free concert) in San Diego

OMG, I'm so envious, I haven't seen them for a while and want to know how the new lineup is.

I'm going to the Ska is Dead and You're Next tour on Feb 18th and to Streetlight Manifesto on Feb 21st.

Skank on brother.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

OMG, I'm so envious, I haven't seen them for a while and want to know how the new lineup is.

I'm going to the Ska is Dead and You're Next tour on Feb 18th and to Streetlight Manifesto on Feb 21st.

Skank on brother.

I saw them last March at Soma San Diego and they played with The Toasters who are fvcking awesome. I bought their latest album "Enemy of the System" there for 8 bucks. Check out http://www.thetoasters.org for some sample mp3s and stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'll be attempting to get Dylan tickets this Saturday, then it's the Waco Brothers, Rico Bell, Th' Honorary Shack*Shakers, Trailer Bride, and Jon Rauhouse's Steel Guitar Rodeo featuring Sally Timms and Kelly Hogan, hopefully followed by Hank III and then an encore by Trailer Bride.

By Sunday morning I should be vomiting up whiskey and blood.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

By Sunday morning I should be vomiting up whiskey and blood.

If you aren't you didn't have a good enough time.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Gogol Bordello March 20th at Irving Plaza. Probably the best band you haven't seen. I'm going for the fifth time cause it's that good.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

Gogol Bordello March 20th at Irving Plaza. Probably the best band you haven't seen. I'm going for the fifth time cause it's that good.

Genre? Sounds like?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    I'm planning on another Dave Matthews Band show at some point this year (if they tour) I want to see Phish, Perl Jam, Blues Traveler, and Belá Fleck and the Flecktones too. But I have to wait and see their tout schedules.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Bunge, I think you're talking about the Legendary Shack Shakers who are a great live band, their cd's not too bad either and is available on itunes. Saw them open for the Reverend and it was an excellent show.

BR, you should proceed immediately to http://www.gogolbordello.com/ Gogol are basically gypsy punk rock wedding music with awesome lyrics. You can prolly sample some of their music at their site. I've taken about five different people to their show who hadn't heard of them before, all were blown away.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I'll probably try to attend the Nightwish/Lullacry show in San Francisco in later this year. (Assuming, of course, that they add a SF show. Blabbermouth seemed to think they would...)

\\m/
  • Reply 10 of 15
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    SWC

Me, a wife, a four year old and a two year old will be hitting this in an RV in late May.

Hey BR, I'll split gas with ya.

Reel Big Fish is not a group I have heard of before, but they do sound like the type of group I enjoy live.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

Bunge, I think you're talking about the Legendary Shack Shakers who are a great live band, their cd's not too bad either and is available on itunes. Saw them open for the Reverend and it was an excellent show.

I am. I've seen them a number of times and they put on one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. This weekend happens to be an acoustic show, which will temper them somewhat. So, I'll try and balance that with some Hank III.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Somehow I bet they'll still be pretty raging, I actually saw Hank III open for the Rev as well.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Bob Dylan on March 10th, tons of
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Well, as of today I have no long term plans but last night I saw Mike Stern for the 5th time, which was pretty awesome, I wish he would've played more stuff from his new album though. \
  • Reply 15 of 15
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    not so much a concert as a bar-type gig, but i'm goin to see a friend's band this weekend. just saw his brother's band last saturday, and if he's half as good as his bro's band, it'll be fricking awe inspiring. tokage will be in effect. the band's called shattered existence.