[ANN] -- Ambrosia releases Snapz Pro X 2.0.0

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Why take a static screenshot when Snapz Pro X 2 makes creating a movie just as easy? Snapz Pro X 2 does that, and so much more -- what a difference a version makes! Download a free demo version from our web site today or check out the demo movies we've created and see for yourself.

http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Snapz Pro X 2 allows you to effortlessly record anything on your screen, saving it as a QuickTime movie or screenshot that can be emailed, put up on the web, or passed around however you please. Snapz Pro X 2.0 costs $69. Upgrades from Snapz Pro X 1.0 w/ movie capture are $20.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Drat. Figures the inquisitive folks on AppleInsider would beat me to the punch on this release!
  • Reply 2 of 55
    German, Korean, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese Snapz Pro X 2.0 users...

We've discovered that users who have their computer set to use either German, Korean, Swedish, or Traditional Chinese as their main language, -AND- had Snapz Pro X 1.0.x previously installed will be unable to launch Snapz Pro X 2.0

The installer doesn't clean up these old localizations properly, which are not present in Snapz Pro X 2.0 (we're working on getting them done!) To get Snapz Pro X 2.0 working for you, simply delete the "Snapz Pro X" folder that is in your Applications folder, then run the Snapz Pro X 2.0 installer.
  • Reply 3 of 55
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    you just have to leak us the info and we'll put it up somewhere. instead you go and decide to run a tight ship. see what happens?
  • Reply 4 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

you just have to leak us the info and we'll put it up somewhere. instead you go and decide to run a tight ship. see what happens?

aha, but how do you know i didn't leak the info?

• Reply 5 of 55
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Hey Andrew, did you ever get my email regarding Snapz Pro?
  • Reply 6 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Hey Andrew, did you ever get my email regarding Snapz Pro?

I'm really not sure -- what did it say? I've gotten a number of emails re: Snapz Pro X today, as you might imagine.
  • Reply 7 of 55
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    $69 is a bit steep. Do you guys have education pricing? I'd like to use it to make a demo of my dissertation website for presentations and such.
  • Reply 8 of 55
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

I'm really not sure -- what did it say? I've gotten a number of emails re: Snapz Pro X today, as you might imagine.

Check you PM.
  • Reply 9 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

$69 is a bit steep. Do you guys have education pricing? I'd like to use it to make a demo of my dissertation website for presentations and such.

Well, that depends on your perspective. The professionals we work with have stated time and time again that Snapz Pro X is grossly underpriced for what it does.

We do not have educational pricing, sorry.
  • Reply 10 of 55
    Quote:

Well, that depends on your perspective. The professionals we work with have stated time and time again that Snapz Pro X is grossly underpriced for what it does.

We do not have educational pricing, sorry.

I know, I know. Your software is worth more than you charge for it. So is Panther, but I get an ed discount for that. There's just something about giving educators/students discounts that seems right. Omni does it, even on their web browser.

Think of it as free advertising: when people see the screen caps in full motion, they'll ask what program I used to do it. I got a considerable discount on Omnigraffle and Omnioutliner and I know I've converted more than a few people.

Ah well... I understand the need to make some $$. It's a nice program.
  • Reply 11 of 55
    Quote:

I know, I know. Your software is worth more than you charge for it. So is Panther, but I get an ed discount for that. There's just something about giving educators/students discounts that seems right. Omni does it, even on their web browser.

Think of it as free advertising: when people see the screen caps in full motion, they'll ask what program I used to do it. I got a considerable discount on Omnigraffle and Omnioutliner and I know I've converted more than a few people.

Ah well... I understand the need to make some $$. It's a nice program.

It's a good idea actually -- maybe we'll consider doing it. How do they obtain proof of your academic status, exactly?

I'm not sure I see a way to do this with our automated storm, it'd have to be done manually.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

How do they obtain proof of your academic status, exactly?

They don't. They used to, but it's the honor system right now...at least until people start taking advantage of the system.
  • Reply 13 of 55
    Quote:

It's a good idea actually -- maybe we'll consider doing it. How do they obtain proof of your academic status, exactly?

I'm not sure I see a way to do this with our automated storm, it'd have to be done manually.

They never checked my status. Some places ask for faxed documentation like a copy of an id or something. I wouldn't be averse to an idea like that. APA and other organizations require that sort of thing before allowing registration with student prices.

It's something to keep in mind and I'd be in line if you were to offer it. BTW, I bet something as simple as requiring a valid .edu email address would cut down on abuse considerably.
  • Reply 14 of 55
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    plus, if you have .edu pricing some of us could charge them to University credit cards.
  • Reply 15 of 55
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

It's something to keep in mind and I'd be in line if you were to offer it. BTW, I bet something as simple as requiring a valid .edu email address would cut down on abuse considerably.

Sure, but many institutions give alumni e-mail accounts for life either directly or indirectly.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    A faxed copy of a dated student ID, or copy of current semester's schedule is required by some places for education discounts. I certainly wouldn't mind an education discount either
  • Reply 17 of 55
    Thanks for the info guys. We're looking into the feasibility of doing this now.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Any chance of free copies for AI members?
  • Reply 19 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

Any chance of free copies for AI members?

no
  • Reply 20 of 55
    I upgraded yesterday, for a whole twenty bucks. I call that very little money, very well spent. Thanks Moki.