Sony-Ericsson P900

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got this phone and had no trouble syncing it to isync. The CD's that came with the phone are pc/windows only. Does anyone know if there is a mac OSX installer application so I can install new .sis programs onto my phone? I'd also like to be able to use the usb docking station and have it recognized. As of now OSX doesnt do anything when I connect it.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    AFAIK, you can send the sis files with the Bluetooth File Transfer program (in your Utilities program). Assuming Sony's version of the Symbian OS is similar to Nokia's, then you just find the file you sent in the inbox, then run it on the phone.

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thank you... that worked for me.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham Samawi

I just got this phone and had no trouble syncing it to isync. The CD's that came with the phone are pc/windows only. Does anyone know if there is a mac OSX installer application so I can install new .sis programs onto my phone? I'd also like to be able to use the usb docking station and have it recognized. As of now OSX doesnt do anything when I connect it.

thanks

Hi, i just bought one, i paired it with the powerbok on bluetooth, but isync refuses to see it !

Can you tell me what and how you managed to sync ?

Thanks a lot (email[email protected])

Pierre
  • Reply 4 of 4
    It can be a major pain to make it sync properly.

I found that if you allow your mac to connect to it without confirmation it will most likely fail. So make sure p900 prompts you to accept connections.

File transfer works fine, both ways, there's an option to browse folders on a phone, but it won't work until, you make your files "shared" , check in the manual, there's detailed explanation of how to do that.

.sis files can be transfered to p900 and installed using the phone itself, no need for cradle, see if you can extract just the .sis from that CD.

Oh and there's updated firmware, it can be downloaded and installed from se site. You will need to use a PC though.

HTH