Going Overboard

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I think the conspiracy theories of Mac users belonging to a cult might be true after reading this one.

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125...w=wn_tophead_2

It is ridiculous to issue death threats over a piece of machinery.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

No, he deserves to die.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Death, death,

Death by ooga booga !

From old joke about tribe of sodomists, ask your friends.

• Reply 3 of 22
    I *knew* that was a hoax!
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Heh, heh. Conspiracy theory #800: Microsoft hires a bunch of goons to scare an author of a popular website to put fear and loath into normal people and to make them stay away from Macs.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    This is like joking about a bomb at airport securuty. It is just something u don't do. All responsible must be smoked out and brought to justice. If only "W" was a Mac user....
  • Reply 6 of 22
    It is not ridiculous to see death threats. That guy would have deserved to die had this been true. Yes, we as Mac users are dedicated to our machines. But they are so awesome! They deserve nothing less than total respect and admiration. What that guy claimed to have done was desecrate the world's best computer to turn it into one of the worlds worst. There is no excuse for that. LONG LIVE MACS!!!
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Uhh.. Just for the record, I don't know any of these people.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I call bullshit on it being a hoax. How many of us have buddies that can get empty G5 cases?

Suuuuuuuure it was fake.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Well, the pictures are real, no question in that, even if the rest is faux, it's still pretty lame to disfigure such a well designed case like that(cutting holes in the back..etc.)

but then again, the case would make a great macquarium, once you cover up the cheese grates.\
  • Reply 10 of 22
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    He said he got death threats, but I'm guessing he never showed proof of any.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

I think the conspiracy theories of Mac users belonging to a cult might be true after reading this one.

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125...w=wn_tophead_2

I'm not even reading that one.. theres a microsoft ad on it
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Beige_G3

This is like joking about a bomb at airport securuty. It is just something u don't do. All responsible must be smoked out and brought to justice. If only "W" was a Mac user....

If I remember correctly, he is.

Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I call bullshit on it being a hoax. How many of us have buddies that can get empty G5 cases?

Suuuuuuuure it was fake.

That's what I was thinking. Even if his 'buddy' gave him an empty G5 'shell', his first picture shows the G5 with all the guts still in there, and it's not one of Apple's PR shots.

Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

I'm not even reading that one.. theres a microsoft ad on it

That's just ridiculous.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    Quote:

If only "W" was a Mac user....

uhh... look here

when I first seen this I almost renounced apple
  • Reply 14 of 22
    eew eew OS 9

(what have I become\
  • Reply 15 of 22
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

uhh... look here

when I first seen this I almost renounced apple

Actually, he uses a dell. There was an article on I think znet a while ago where he discussed it.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The death threats were inappropriate. I can't believe some of you are defending that stuff.

And either way the story actually goes, a G5 case was destroyed to have PC parts inserted into it. Damn shame.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Whether it was a hoax or not, sending death threats over a gutted computer is disgusting. Worse still, it's not like the people writing in actually lost anything of their own... jagoffs.

More proof of a need for Qualified Democracy in a America... pricks like those who wrote the seriously threatening responses deserve to have their voting rights revoked. If you can't demonstrate any better judgement than that, you have no business making decisions that will affect the lives of others.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    You think voting actually affects our country? Wow, and I thought *I* was a dreamer.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Extras.rsrc

That's just ridiculous.

i only say that because they won't be that reliable of a source if they accept money from microsoft to place ads.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Wow... ONE MORE thing we can hate W for... let's find some more things about him that we can label Hitleresque or Demonic. goody goody. Isn't the mountian high enough w/o computer preference? Seems ANY reason to hate the man is good enough...