Kerry is a corporate sellout and took kick-backs too

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
link

seems that he took the front runner than will bring all the Dems down.

His insider status is showing

he is politics-as-usual

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [democrat blinders]Boy the Reps must really be desperate to start the Kerry smear campaign so early.[/democrat blinders]
  • Reply 2 of 20
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Go ahead and have BUSH try to use that... it was related to the Boston BIG DIG... anything slowing that down would have cost the state millions... it saved his constituents money.

Sounds like the politicos in Washington were playing hardball. It happens all the time.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Bush doesn't have to use it.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    This thread should be locked for having profanity in the title.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Any reason why it's unacceptable to say "ass" in a thread title but acceptable to use a female-oriented slur that also functions as a grand overstatement?
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Any reason why it's unacceptable to say "ass" in a thread title but acceptable to use a female-oriented slur that also functions as a grand overstatement?

You said "ass," again. Putting it in "quotes" doesn't make it any "less" "profane."

This thread should be double-locked.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    As long as its read its ok with me
  • Reply 8 of 20
    I think they should be put on double secret probation too.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

As long as its read its ok with me

He said "long."
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Bush/Cheney has 100 million in the bank. Wonder how much in donation old Halliburton has pumped into that campaign. Or Bechtel... or Deibold.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Bush/Cheney has 100 million in the bank. Wonder how much in donation old Halliburton has pumped into that campaign. Or Bechtel... or Deibold.

I don't think that's the right tack to take on this argument. The larger issue is that ALL politicians at this level are on the leash of big business.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Well? Some have proposed unlimited but OPEN election contributions. So we would know had they done that rather than the POS law McCain Feingold.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Some more than others but yes... big business employs alot of people and is the BIG DOG pulling the leash...

the question is what our elected officials did in government for their constituents... and what they did inspite of that interest for the betterment of big business and their campaigns.

And I have no doubts that if Kerry became President he would have more of my interests in mind than Bush does.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Well? Some have proposed unlimited but OPEN election contributions.

GIven that we tend to know what's what and don't bother to care, why on earth would knowing where the money comes from make any difference at all?
  • Reply 15 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Yeah, Kerry's record is not as pristine as his rhetoric, which is an unfortunate political reality. If he rails generally about "special interests," he can't really complain when people point out that he has taken money from them. In fact, you can easily point out that groups considered "special interests" have contributed to his campaign. So it does bug me that he's using this potentially misleading generalization to describe something as specific as "John Kerry's Plan to End the Era of Special Interests." Again, forgive the too-general title, but take a look. He has some remarkable things to say about the current climate of special interests and his ideas to change things.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Some more than others but yes... big business employs alot of people and is the BIG DOG pulling the leash...

the question is what our elected officials did in government for their constituents... and what they did inspite of that interest for the betterment of big business and their campaigns.

And I have no doubts that if Kerry became President he would have more of my interests in mind than Bush does.

But not more than other candidates
  • Reply 17 of 20
    He's been in washington a long time... so he's no outsider...

I think when he's talking about special interests he's refering to Bush not the other candidates.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    But Kerry says it's not true.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

GIven that we tend to know what's what and don't bother to care, why on earth would knowing where the money comes from make any difference at all?

I think it would be very interesting to find out how much comes from where.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../medicare_ad_3

it's good to be friends with Bush/Cheney

Can I get 15% of that too?

Glad to see our healthcare money is going to the right place.

uhg.

The taxpayers paying for what is essentially Bush feel good ads.