Can't boot from Diskwarrior CD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I bought a copy of Diskwarrior 3. I tried booting from the CD on my 15" AlBook but it won't boot from the CD. It starts booting, gets past the Apple logo, gets to a blue screen, sounds like it reading from the CD, and then the CD just spins down. I don't know why this would be happening.

It is totally weird. I can boot from the Panther install CDs, and I can boot from the DW CD on another laptop, it just won't boot from the CD on mine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Diskwarrior OS = 10.2.7, you can't run anything less then 10.2.8. I think those are the right numbers
  • Reply 2 of 6
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I have Panther installed on my laptop.

I'm stumped.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I believe hardware made after 8/03 does not boot the DiskWarrior 3.0 CD.

link

If your PowerBook was made after this date you need an updated CD.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

I bought a copy of Diskwarrior 3. I tried booting from the CD on my 15" AlBook but it won't boot from the CD. It starts booting, gets past the Apple logo, gets to a blue screen, sounds like it reading from the CD, and then the CD just spins down. I don't know why this would be happening.

It is totally weird. I can boot from the Panther install CDs, and I can boot from the DW CD on another laptop, it just won't boot from the CD on mine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Oh, for God's sake. Don't you read anything other than rumors. Alsoft has released a free updater for your DiskWarrior CD. It is available on this Alsoft web page.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

Oh, for God's sake. Don't you read anything other than rumors. Alsoft has released a free updater for your DiskWarrior CD. It is available on this Alsoft web page.

I read a lot more than rumors. The only thing the updater does is permit you to run the Diskwarrior application while already booted in OS X. It has nothing to do with booting from CD. Also, if you must know, I already created a new CD using the updater. The new CD is using the 3.0.1 version.

The only option I have now is to install a temp copy of OS X on a firewire drive and run the application from that other copy.

BTW...your rude ass remark wasn't needed.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Well I don't know if you understand now, but since the AlBook is new it can't run older OS X's...and the DiskWarrior OS is older then the AlBook supports. Yeah there is a patch out, not sure what it does haven't tried it yet.