Way to achieve continuous play on iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This has been bugging me for a while, but is there any feasible way to eliminate the gaps between songs playing on the iPod? Some things I listen to like continuous concertos (e.g., Saint-Saëns, Schumann cello concertos) and some symphonies/concerto grossi demand this kind of seamlessness (because they were recorded that way).

Is there any hack somebody's conceived to either add crossfade or zero playback gaps between songs, or is this something we need to wait for in future releases of iPod software? Or am I just missing it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    There has been a ton of discussion on this issue in the past. As far as I know, no solution has yet been worked out. Something about a limitation of the mp3 format itself as well I think...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I think there is an option to join tracks...although I don't know if there is a limit to the amount of tracks which can be joined.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    yes, but if you do that, then you've actually connected the tracks, haven't you? In other words, you'd end up with one big Mp3 where once you had many smaller ones. Continuous playback, yes, but no skipping around between tracks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sigh... i've been begging for a cross fade feature FOREVER (and i've sent emails to apple). i say this in every thread regarding ipod features and stuff, but it would really add a lot.... \