What are you good at?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 82
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quick, what am I thinking?
  • Reply 42 of 82
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I don't know what i am particulary good at. Perhaps weird english ?
  • Reply 43 of 82
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

On internet boards that is probably an unusual talent.

no no .. my fav AI is really good.
  • Reply 44 of 82
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Quick, what am I thinking?

Well, I'm having just a little trouble seeing your face.

But if I could look into your eyes for a second or two.....
  • Reply 45 of 82
    The one going left, or the one going right?
  • Reply 46 of 82
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

The one going left, or the one going right?

Always a smart ass, eh?

For one thing, I can tell you have brown eyes.

(Though that's just a guess. My ESP doesn't work wrt that kind of stuff.)
  • Reply 47 of 82
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Always a smart ass, eh?

*gasp* Is it that obvious!

Quote:

For one thing, I can tell you have brown eyes.

(Though that's just a guess. My ESP doesn't work wrt that kind of stuff.)

Yeah, it's busted on that one.
  • Reply 48 of 82
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I'm good at running. No, seriously.

I can run a 22.2 200 meter, a 35.8 300 meter, and a 49.8 400 meter. I'm trying to hit 48.something for the 400 this year.
  • Reply 49 of 82
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    I'm Really Good at Shooting Down Saddam's Army at 800 Yards.
  • Reply 50 of 82
    D'oh! Too late!

• Reply 51 of 82
    I am good at irritating people.
  • Reply 52 of 82
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    hmmm.... art, I guess.

Edit: removed images (bandwidth)
  • Reply 53 of 82
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    overall, it seems that no one is particularly great at anything. i was state runner up in ping-pong at one time
  • Reply 54 of 82
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    When I was a lifeguard I could hold my breath for well over 3 minutes. Came close to 4 minutes a couple of times.

*shrug*

I remember in biology in grade 10 we did some thing on heart rate and breathing... we all had to hold our breath for as long as we could. Everyone was stopped by a minute... teacher shook me to start breathing at 2:30, it freaked him out I guess.

Of course my wife hates this, I have this thing where I take a deep breath and hold it while I'm sleeping. She says she sits there and watches the clock sometimes and I lay there holding my breath for 2 minutes or more. She's slapped me a few times to wake me up.

And yes, goddammit, I wish I could get on Fear Factor. I'd kill at the water stunts.
  • Reply 55 of 82
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

When I was a lifeguard I could hold my breath for well over 3 minutes. Came close to 4 minutes a couple of times.

*shrug*

I remember in biology in grade 10 we did some thing on heart rate and breathing... we all had to hold our breath for as long as we could. Everyone was stopped by a minute... teacher shook me to start breathing at 2:30, it freaked him out I guess.

Of course my wife hates this, I have this thing where I take a deep breath and hold it while I'm sleeping. She says she sits there and watches the clock sometimes and I lay there holding my breath for 2 minutes or more. She's slapped me a few times to wake me up.

And yes, goddammit, I wish I could get on Fear Factor. I'd kill at the water stunts.

that's awesome! breath holding seems to really be a mind-over-matter thing. worst case scenario in an above-water breath holding competition is that you pass out...but obviously you would start breathing again.

i have never had the will power to hold my breath until i pass out, though i can hold it for a solid 2 minutes
  • Reply 56 of 82
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

*shrug*

Tu ne manques pas d'air Murbot (Sorry it canno't be translated in english : french play on words only).
  • Reply 57 of 82
    Yeah, when I want to go really long, I hyperventilate myself pretty badly beforehand. Major deep, fast breaths for a good 30 seconds. Only good for the "sitting still" holds though, because you almost pass out from it. If you can hang in there the stars go away after 30-40 seconds and it's super easy.

I also do NOT look at a clock.

I know... yay, what a skill.

• Reply 58 of 82
    That's pretty awesome, I have always been able to hold my breath for a longer than average time, but still not THAT long.

my tops is just under 3 minutes, my average is around 2 minutes.

A friend of mine, last summer, devoted time everyday to increasing his breath capacity, he eventually topped out at 3:25 or so, but that's not bad for starting at around 1:40

Have you heard of apnea divers, I think that's what it's called, free diving, without masks, they go down for like 8 minutes at a time, I think the record is 13 minutes, but I could be wrong.

apparently once you get past a certain point it's very damaging to your brain.
  • Reply 59 of 82
    I've gone down for like 20 minutes before. Only when I'm trying to get her too do it too... uh... wait.

Diving. Yeah. Those bastards are insane.
  • Reply 60 of 82
    thoth2thoth2 Posts: 277member
    I'm a pretty darn good guitar player (if I do say so myself). Used to tour (regionally) in a little funk-metal band back in the early 90's. Gave 30hours of lessons/week, branded by Tony MacAlpine as "a really good player - you should take lessons from him" etc. Now I'm a stupid lawyer with delusions of breaking it big at 32. There's always hair extensions....

Thoth