Apple Display Prices Dropped In UK And Canada

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I think it must be due to the currency exchange.

1799 CDN is exactly 1299US x 1.38

I paid 2050 for mine six months ago and the currency rate was 1 US = 1.6 CDN
  • Reply 22 of 29
    I wouldn't buy an Apple Displays. They seem to die within a couple of years and the warranty is only one year. Look at Sony with their 3 year warranty and price, they look great too.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by marquesalan

I wouldn't buy an Apple Displays. They seem to die within a couple of years and the warranty is only one year. Look at Sony with their 3 year warranty and price, they look great too.

a) Get apple care on your monitor, buy it at the end of your first year of ownership, and end up with a 4 year warranty.

b) Last time I checked Sony did not offer 3 years warranties on LCD backlights ( a failure of which requires a complete screen replacement ). Seeing as how the backlight is the most likely part to fail over time, this pretty much makes their 3 years for everything else warranty a waste of time ( things may have changed since I last looked ). At the time you couldnt even BUY a longer warranty for backlights.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    They won't give me AppleCare on just a montor and I already bought a G$ with my first monitor. They keep failing even after the backlight is fixed so what is the point of a 4 year warranty if you have to constantly mail it back to get fixed.

Check out all of these compliants:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

VIEWSONIC

VG700b 17-inch Black LCD Multimedia Monitor

$395.10 (Apple is $300+ more)

DELL

UltraSharp 2000FP 20-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

$899.10 (Apple is $400 more)

VIEWSONIC

VG900b 19-inch LCD Monitor

$596.66 (Apple has no competing product)

DELL UltraSharp 1800FP 18-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

$476.10 (Apples charges $223 more for its 17" display)

E171FPb Flat Panel Monitor, 17 inch

$359.10 (Apple is $340 more)

Shall I go on?

Crap

Uh, Dell

Crap

Dell

Crap
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Have you checked out the Sony LCDs? Sweet looking with a sweeter price!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Crap

Uh, Dell

Crap

Dell

Crap

The Dell UltraSharp LCDs aren't that bad. Just because Dell sells them (they don't make them, just as Apple doesn't make their LCDs) doesn't mean they're bad.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    OK. My high-quality, 17" LG-Elecronics Digital/Analogue display. You can't get much better than this one. Price: £340. Or, the only one up from this, the Samsung 172T (I think - it mag be a different letter at the end): £400.

Apple 17" Cinema Display, £550. + the cost of an DVI-ADC converter.

So, I saved £200, and got an equivalent - or better - display. And Apple's prices are competitive?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by marquesalan

Dude, don't bring up 6 month old threads just so you can complain about Apple displays. Feel free to start a new thread if you like.