Nipplegate

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I cannot help but think these people have a serious mental illness ..

Over 200000 complaints

Lawsuit launched

And what's with ending everything with 'gate'?

It was only clever the first time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Can I file a complaint on there not being enough breasts on television?

By the way, there was a thread about this last week. Not the lawsuits but about people complaining.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:

Easily eclipsed the FCC's previous record - 80,000 complaints that came after television actress Nicole Richie used a curse word on the 2003 Billboard Music Awards

My god people will do anything if they think they can sue and make a quick buck..

Its like the article in FORTUNE about the people suing poland springs spring water because they claim that after you drill it becomes well water and not spring water anymore so its false advertising. The lawyers made something like 1.5 million bucks.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Extras.rsrc

By the way, there was a thread about this last week. Not the lawsuits but about people complaining.

Can we?

Now they are suing. I have nothing but contempt for these people.

So-called adults with the mental ages, and sexual sophistication, of 10 year olds should not be watching tv.

Then again, if they weren't watching tv, they might be breeding.

Idiots, the lot of them.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Not only should there be more breasts, there should also be more with piercing and interesting pieces of jewelry on them.

Nick
  • Reply 5 of 12
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    It's all well and good that Janet apologized to the people offended by her garment malfunction at the Super Bowl.

But as someone who greatly enjoyed the 2 second display, I demand she say, "You're welcome." In fact, her gross negligence in publicly acknowledging my gratitude has caused me great mental anguish, for which I demand monetary compensation.

$1,000,000 should cover it.

Jeff
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

[snip]

Yes, yes you can. And I throw my support behind you 110%. The human body is too beautiful to be kept covered up. That being said, if I see one more picture of Janet Jackson's boob, I'll puke.

The US need's to lighten up a little, if we don't have it, we've seen it. Quit censoring. And I say that as a proud citizen of the United States.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

"As a direct and proximate result of the broadcast of the acts, [Ms Carlin] and millions of others saw the acts and were caused to suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury," the lawsuit states.

serious injury?? people are insane

Jackson sued for showing her breast
  • Reply 8 of 12
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    It's one fricking boob in a long shot!

You couldn't even tell if she had a pastie on or what.

If we were all breast fed we wouldn't think twice about it.

Oh look! hmmm I'm hungry... somebody pass the dip.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    And of course it's always OK to show people being shot, blown up, dismembered, thrown off buildings and having their necks broken with that casual twist from the chin move favored by cool remorseless tough guys. In fact, all of that can be shown in the context of a kind of insane lack of consequences or concern, if not outright cheerfulness.

Family hour: where you can beat a woman to a pulp but a glimpse of her body is disgusting.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    good grief, I'm watching some loudmouth debate on the issue right now, people are dumb.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This whole affair is dumb and i am sorry to say this : it "ridiculise" USA. The word Nipplegate is itself a joke.

Anyway in any countries of hundred millions peoples, there will be always intelligent people who will overeact on very important subjects ...
  • Reply 12 of 12
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

CBS has already said it would use an "enhanced delay" on its February 8 broadcast of the Grammy Awards so it can censor both audio and video as needed, and Walt Disney Co's ABC network also said it will use a delay on its February 29 broadcast of the Academy Awards.

Why not just put a sticker on every television that say "Warning: This audio-visional equipment can create images and sound you may not like." and be done with it. If people want to live in this world they have to stop being so tight assed.

Lets start a campaign where we send in, not complaints but praises of what was shown. I believe that we could get more than 200.000 praises.

"I want the world to know I am really really sorry for sexual molesting those kids"