Exporting Final Cut movies to iDVD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey all, I was just wondering what's the best way to get stuff from FCP to iDVD? Today I exported a couple of sequences as "Final Cut Pro Movies" and dropped them into iDVD. Everything worked fine but there are a couple of spots in two of the sequences where it gets weird for like a sec, little digital square boxes. Everything plays fine in FCP so I'm not sure at what point this is happening, FCP movie? compression in iDVD? burning?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Just a guess. Were you playing these directly from the DVD? Maybe the bit rate of the movie was higher than the machine could read data from the DVD. Try copying the file to the HD and playing it there to check if it was the movie's coding or the DVD that was causing the problem.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    we need your specs to know more.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

Just a guess. Were you playing these directly from the DVD? Maybe the bit rate of the movie was higher than the machine could read data from the DVD. Try copying the file to the HD and playing it there to check if it was the movie's coding or the DVD that was causing the problem.

Well I burned them as a regular dvd with menus etc. not as a data disk, if thats what your saying. I need to check to see if it's messed up on the exported FCP movies before I dropped them into iMovie to narrow it down but I gotta wait till I go back to work on monday. I was just curious if when your going to export stuff from FCP to put on dvd (playable in consumer dvd players) a "FCP movie" is what should be used, vs. exporting a super high quality quicktime. It's prob in the manual but i don't have that in front of me either

-dual2ghzG5

edit:

Oh and it's FCP 3(and iDVD4). In looking on apple.com that seems to be important.

They say:

For Final Cut Pro 3 choose File > Export > Final Cut Pro Movie.

For Final Cut Pro 4 chose File > Export > QuickTime Movie.

Intresting.