Quality control issues with new PowerBooks...particularly the 15"?

1242526272830»

Comments

• Reply 581 of 588
    ok, i think its finally fixed now! the replacement keyboard wasnt positioned properly, and there was something behind it that was obstructing the backlight. the tech who took care of it this time knew what he was doing and was very good about it. the keyboard backlighting seems to be even better now than it was before too, brighter and more even. i guess these keyboards have to be positioned exactly right, or else you get the sinking, sticking, and poor keyboard backlighting issues.

i also have the dark screen spot that goes away after a couple of minutes of usage and a SD that goes kaKLUNK. but it all works so im not complaining. besides, i am not going thru the repair process again unless its absolutely necessary.
  • Reply 582 of 588
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I've got the "ka-KLUNK" SuperDrive. Not bad or obnoxious, really. Just a healthy, audible "okay, I've got the disk now" sound.

• Reply 583 of 588
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I've got the "ka-KLUNK" SuperDrive. Not bad or obnoxious, really. Just a healthy, audible "okay, I've got the disk now" sound.

Paul:

You have to admit that this model has had more problems than your usual PowerBook. I am using the 12-incher now, and I am happy since there aren't any problems with it. No K-klunks, no dark spots, no latch issues...
  • Reply 584 of 588
    Um, I started the thread, so yeah...I think I do "have to admit" there have been a few "issues" with these new PowerBooks.

• Reply 585 of 588
    eds66eds66 Posts: 119member
    Quote:

Um, I started the thread, so yeah...I think I do "have to admit" there have been a few "issues" with these new PowerBooks.

I actually forgot that you started the thread.
  • Reply 586 of 588

Well it has been about four months, 14 pages and a bazillion posts ago.
  • Reply 587 of 588
    Quote:

I agree completely. it never sounded like a problem to me.