Apple extending the giveaway?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
this is purely speculation, but it seems like apple is going to have to extend the promotional period for all this past the end of march due to the lack of pepsi bottles in circulation. one of the gas stations near me still only has the itunes bottles for diet pepsi. the whole giveaway will be unsuccessful if there are still half the bottles not in stores by the end of march (and obviously people need time to buy them and redeem songs. it's just really disappointing to think that all those winning caps will go unclaimed unless apple extend the redemption date another month or something.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    The redemption date is actually 4/30/04. From Apple's Pepsi promotion page:

Quote:

No purchase necessary. Must be 13 or older. Promotion is US only and Ends 3/31/04. Must redeem by 4/30/04. See iTunes.com for Official Rules and free game piece mailing address. Void where prohibited. PEPSI, PEPSI-COLA, DIET PEPSI, SIERRA MIST and the Pepsi Globe design are trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc.

• Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

it's just really disappointing to think that all those winning caps will go unclaimed unless apple extend the redemption date another month or something.

I forget where I read it (probably somewhere around here), but Pepsi only expects a 10-20% return on those caps. It seems they planned this all along.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    oh... somewhere i read it was the end of march... well, end of april isnt bad.