Best 10 minutes of TV...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...in 2004 so far anyway. I just caught this week's edition of Bill Maher's "New Rules" from his HBO show. Funniest damn thing I've seen on TV in months. Covered everything from the Hajj and Avian Flu to redneck southerners who refuse to vote for northerners with a perfect blend of spot-on commentary and great punchlines. Even ended with a music video spoof that simultaneously jabbed at hokey country song writers and Janet Jackson.

Sometimes the man can be a genius.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Doesn't sound all that funny.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I don't know about 2004, but the best moment in recent television history for me was during the Sealab 2021 episode entitled "Predator" when Quinn is in the medical room talking to "Gus".
  • Reply 3 of 10
    hmmm best 10 minutes of tv.... i guess i would have to say the 5 seconds of the janet incident, then the 9 minutes and 55 seconds after it that my friends and i sat there with our jaws dropped, wondering if that actually just happened.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Doesn't sound all that funny.

That's because you have no sense of humor. Allegedly. Besides I wasn't immitating or transcribing what he said, I was just giving a general description. Trust me; it was hilarious. He usually isn't I can admit but this night he was en fuego.

• Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

That's because you have no sense of humor. Allegedly. Besides I wasn't immitating or transcribing what he said, I was just giving a general description. Trust me; it was hilarious. He usually isn't I can admit but this night he was en fuego.

That's why it wasn't funny.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    That almost made sense....
  • Reply 7 of 10
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    unless it's some good cartoons or soccer, i mostly prefer to watch the switched off tv. so anytime im in kitchen, i might watch a switched off tv for 10 seconds. in one year that sums up to 10 minutes.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Switched off TV is indeed about as good a 10 minutes of programming as you can find...

• Reply 9 of 10
    July 1969.

Live TV transmission from Tranquility Base, Luna.

First Human walks on moon... grainy and b/w, but televised.