Your " Perfect " landscape

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
We all have some sort of ideal landscape in our heads.

The one we would love to live in.

I am not talking about any specific places on the map, but of places in your soul .

For me,

I imagine living along some desert beach, with desert mountains climbing to snow peaked tops.

There would be small forested valleys with cool streams to supply me water.

And the sun would set on the ocean.

Behind me the mountains would turn pink to purple and finally the stars would glint in the night like so many crystals of light.

That would do it for me.

Aqua

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Rome, Italy.

Or tide pools. (better? )
  • Reply 2 of 22
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A quiet bay with running tides, sheltered from the larger strait by a small island guarding the shelter.

A rocky beach with sandy spots, rock tidal pools and shelves, abundant sea life.

A temperate climate, occasionally a hot summer day, or a wisp of snow, pine and fir forests with medium depth underbrush... a land of green and shadows.

Doe Bay, Orcas Island, WA.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Rome, Italy.

it took about 3 seconds for this post to go off the rails

Can't say I really loved Rome..

In some ways, Rome made the hair stand up on the back of my neck..

It really gave me the creeps...

(Put that down to my strange Venetian ~ Celtic blood)

Aqua
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

A quiet bay with running tides, sheltered from the larger strait by a small island guarding the shelter.

A rocky beach with sandy spots, rock tidal pools and shelves, abundant sea life.

A temperate climate, occasionally a hot summer day, or a wisp of snow, pine and fir forests with medium depth underbrush... a land of green and shadows.

Doe Bay, Orcas Island, WA.

Sounds fine...

Can I bring some beers...?

• Reply 5 of 22
    Sure!

But I brew my own, too.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Japanese-style garden with lots of water, stepping stone paths, huge rocks and moss everywhere, very few trees and no regular plants.. very quiet except for the subtle sound of water.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

Japanese-style garden with lots of water, stepping stone paths, huge rocks and moss everywhere, very few trees and no regular plants.. very quiet except for the subtle sound of water.

Thats sounds great too..Can Kickaha and I set up a BBQ and have some beers...

( just kidding )

Aqua

Ps if yer can't have regular plants, what sort of irregular ones have you in mind..
  • Reply 8 of 22
    Sevilla in the summertime. I can picture the sunflowers in my head...
  • Reply 9 of 22
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

We all have some sort of ideal landscape in our heads.

The one we would love to live in.

I am not talking about any specific places on the map, but of places in your soul .

For me,

I imagine living along some desert beach, with desert mountains climbing to snow peaked tops.

There would be small forested valleys with cool streams to supply me water.

And the sun would set on the ocean.

Behind me the mountains would turn pink to purple and finally the stars would glint in the night like so many crystals of light.

That would do it for me.

Aqua

Well, Aqua, I wouldn't want just one place. I'd want several.

I'd want a cabin, maybe a log cabin, near the edge of a huge 'uplift' in a certain state. This uplift is called 'the Rim'. Its elevation is MUCH higher than the vast expanse of mountainous valleys below. The view is breathtaking. The scent of pine in the air is thick and sweet, almost tangible. The bark of the pines splits to reveal yellow areas which, in the heat of the sun exude the delicate, yet very distinct scent, of vanilla. The skies are intensely blue - the stunning, clear blue of the American West.

In summer, dark and threatening thunderclouds roll in every afternoon, to drench the land with monsoon rains - brief, cataclysmic events. At night, the Rim reaches out to touch the sky's blackness, and the stars in their millions seem within reach.

My other place would be a cottage on a hillside overlooking the sea. The cottage, like the cabin, would have wrap-around windows and wrap-around covered decks. I would spend most of my time on the deck, listening to the gulls sweeping by, watching the light changing on the waves, and writing novels about faraway times and faraway places. The hillside would be lush with plant growth, fragrant tropical flowers, and rain forest trees, nourished by morning and evening mists that move in stealth and silence from the sea.

Carol
  • Reply 10 of 22
    For me, it's all about the view looking in. I just want to be happy, no matter where I am.

That being said...perfection...hmmm...I don't know where I would want to be or what I would want it to look like, I've never even thought about that before. But (coming from a long line of farmers) I've always been partial to huge open fields of corn/beans/wheat or something like that. When I look around, nothing there but the earth, no big city, no huge houses. That would be sweet.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Just give me snow-covered mountains, a sunny sky, and a pair of skis. I'll be set for life.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i like sea and oceans. and big mountains. and old cities. together, in the same place. so.. my old home city, and .. naples and funchal too have those charachteristics.

and i want to see far. i might go to scotland for walkin in the landscape for a few days.

i cant stand flat, monotonous landscapes, or middle sized (trees) forests. and i odnt go crazy for lakes. in a forest, i cant see far. i dont like a lake if i see what is on the other side. and a flat landscape .. is not for me.

iowa and indiana type of landscapes dont make me feel excited at all.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Can't say I really loved Rome..

In some ways, Rome made the hair stand up on the back of my neck..

haha. so you looked like the majority of italian males 40 + y old? with hairy backs..
  • Reply 14 of 22
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Ive always wanted to live in that city where Decker from Bladerunner lived. Seoul was about as close to that as I got and I loved it. One day I'll go to Tokyo.

But if you meant "landscape" in the traditional sense of the word... I'd say the Australian outback, peaceful, far away from others, and full of life. A nice long stretch of desert as far as the eyes can see and the sky so bright at nightime from all the stars.

Of course I'd take Neo-Tokyo any day.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    Quote:

... I am not talking about any specific places on the map, but of places in your soul .

Well, Aqua, i was just pondering about to create a thread like that

Well, actually, my perfect place might be a mixture between some certain spots in scotland (southern uplands -->mysty fog, ya know), southwest of USA (-->red hills), - but desert should be not that far away (as i saw in north africa) and of course the ocean, well, the ocean ...
  • Reply 16 of 22
    So basically we're all in consensus here...

WE WANT IT ALL BABY!
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Well, it starts out like this.

• Reply 19 of 22
    Mmmm. Myst.

Great way to blow a weekend.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Rivendell.