What can I do with a memory stick?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A friend of mine gave me a 64 meg memory stick but I already have one in my camera.

What can I do with this one? Is there any cheap cool electronic I can buy to use it with?

How about a second hand sony mp3 player that uses it? I don't know of any so suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    You could stick it in your nose?!
  • Reply 2 of 21
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    They make pretty good diving boards for hamsters.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    Worst thread EV#R!!!

• Reply 4 of 21
    maybe I should just sell it on ebay.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Sony had a memory stick walkman a few years ago... I suppose you could use it in that if you were to find one.

Otherwise, if you don't have use for the second memory stick for holding camera pics, then selling it isn't a bad idea.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Isn't the media in your camera removable? Why don't you just hold onto it and use it if you ever fill up the first card on your camera. It's like always having an extra roll of film there. Not a bad idea to have an extra stick of memory around.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Isn't the media in your camera removable? Why don't you just hold onto it and use it if you ever fill up the first card on your camera. It's like always having an extra roll of film there. Not a bad idea to have an extra stick of memory around.

cause my camera allows me to take 120 picts on 64 megs at the highest resolution. I never even get close to 120 before I unload the pictures.

yeah, I'll sell the damn thing... but for how much?
  • Reply 8 of 21
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    $15.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Well you could make a keychain out of it... just drill a hole neer one side and slip a key ring through it.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Ooh! Ooh! You could hold a Piwozniak-esque drawing to see who gets it. Ask people to say why they should get it, and either put their name in a hat or just decide who you think should receive it. Maybe even offer to put 64 MB of whatever the user wants on it (pirated MP3s, pr0n, pictures of your building's security systems, whatever).
  • Reply 11 of 21
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    You could use it as external storage for transferring files. Get a cheapo card reader (Sandisk makes one) and carry it with you. It's 64 megs of storage. If you can't use it, send it on over here. I'll make good use of it.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Give it to me and I won't ban your sorry ass.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Thats kind of the problem with Proprietary products...

Do you have a card reader, or a printer that can read the stick?

If you do you could use it as a very tiny external hard drive...

Heat and Harddrive life, Using an USB Flash drives
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Give it to me and I won't ban your sorry ass.

Man, it must be sweet being murbot.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Man, it must be sweet being murbot.

I suspect that he gets a boner from yelling at people.

But that is what makes him cool.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I don't yell. All of my posts should be read in an even, quiet, yet firm voice.

• Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

maybe I should just sell it on ebay.

I'd find an mp3 player for it. Then fill the memory stick with that Swingle Singers album and listen to it happy and content in the knowledge of your own superiority.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunrein

I'd find an mp3 player for it. Then fill the memory stick with that Swingle Singers album and listen to it happy and content in the knowledge of your own superiority.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I don't have any songs by swingle singers.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

cause my camera allows me to take 120 picts on 64 megs at the highest resolution. I never even get close to 120 before I unload the pictures.

yeah, I'll sell the damn thing... but for how much?

You say that now...
  • Reply 20 of 21
    guestguest Posts: 112member
    If you can find a paperclip and a ballpoint pen, you could make a laser to burn through a bank vault. I think MacGuyver did it once...