Because I'm such a nice guy (FREE STUFF HERE)

brbr
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.emusic.com/pitch.html

Sign up. Download 50 songs. Cancel service. Stick it to Apple's competitor AND get something free at the same time. Awesome. I downloaded a shitload of bad religion last night and promptly cancelled the subscription. No charge to your credit card within 14 days.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

http://www.emusic.com/pitch.html

Sign up. Download 50 songs. Cancel service. Stick it to Apple's competitor AND get something free at the same time. Awesome. I downloaded a shitload of bad religion last night and promptly cancelled the subscription. No charge to your credit card within 14 days.

I did their free trial a few months back. I found some music I really like (Laika, Rasa, Snowpony), but the downloads were terribly unreliable -- I kept having to manually retry many of the downloads over and over again.

Add cumbersome browser-based navigation, slow, also-unreliable sample clips, a lack of cover art, and the stupidity of not being able to download more music after you reach your monthly limit -- even if you're willing to pay for more -- and I cancelled right after I used up my free trial.

They still auto-renewed me by the way, and I had to contact customer service to get a refund.

I give these guys credit for distributing DRM-free music, and the VBR MP3 sound quality is decent (averages around 192 Kbps), but there's still nothing that beats iTMS for quality of the service and the user experience.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I did their free trial a few months back. I found some music I really like (Laika, Rasa, Snowpony), but the downloads were terribly unreliable -- I kept having to manually retry many of the downloads over and over again.

Add cumbersome browser-based navigation, slow, also-unreliable sample clips, a lack of cover art, and the stupidity of not being able to download more music after you reach your monthly limit -- even if you're willing to pay for more -- and I cancelled right after I used up my free trial.

They still auto-renewed me by the way, and I had to contact customer service to get a refund.

I give these guys credit for distributing DRM-free music, and the VBR MP3 sound quality is decent (averages around 192 Kbps), but there's still nothing that beats iTMS for quality of the service and the user experience.

I'm not suggesting anyone actually subscribes. I'm suggesting we take their free offer. Thanks for the heads up on the renewal issue though. I'll be sure to look out for it. I was able to download everything real quickly and easily though. From signup to cancellation it was a little under 20 minutes.