what did I say - I knew they'd be no new powerbook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am not saying that I deserve a pat on the back - nor am I saying I am a mystic and knew that there wouldn't be one annouced - what I am is realistic and when i got shot down in flames here the other day - "get real, the powerbook aint gonna be updated as it just has been.."

You gotta quit with the waiting for the powerbook to be exactly what you want before you buy it otherwise you are never going to enjoy the chance of using one in the meantime - it is an awesome machine and I very very very much doubt there will be an update until Feb of next year - get one now! they rule!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Congratulations! People should really start listening to you!

PS: Did anyone think a new PowerBook was being introduced?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Too expensive, there's nothing in them that warrants the price jump back to older/higher levels.

They should start at 2199. The CPU's are quite inexpensive, and other manufacturers have been using even higher res screens for over 18 months.

At the very least do not buy untill they return to the 2199 and up price points.

Wait, wait, wait!

See the prices of the iMac slowly creeping back down, or the options on eMac, or the intro of cheaper (867) cache equipped duals.

WAIT.

Apple and Steve need to learn that they cannot simply expect to gouge us at every turn. We want competitive prices and we'll hold out untill you offer them.

DO NOT BUY A TiBOOK untill the price drops and the spec improves!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Keep it to the threads currently discussing this.

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002372"; target="_blank">Powerbook Thread</a>