How many fonts do you have?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well how many?! I have almost 500, but I guess that isn't a lot compared to some people. I've just gone through all of them I downloaded and was getting rid of the ugly ones. If you use Font Book, how many groups do you have them split into?

Also, does anyone know the name of the font that is on the bottom of checks, and if you have it be willing to send it to me?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
  • Reply 2 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

Were you the one complaining that Font Book is too slow?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    nah, that wasn't me, though it is slow on my 400 MHz iMac
  • Reply 4 of 14
    How do you keep track of them all...and what could you possibly use them for?

The problem I am noticing with this many (not even half of yours!) is that I don't know what they all are, so if I am looking for a certain type of font I'd have to go through all of them. That is why I am going to try and put them into groups, but I still don't know how effective it will be, since programs like PS don't display the groups. And Illustrator and PS are there I would really be using them.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Gah!

Neotechnophiles.

Print (thats right physically print) out a list of the fonts organized in the manner you want as a quick cheat list when you are working in photoshop/illustrator.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Gah!

Neotechnophiles.

Print (thats right physically print) out a list of the fonts organized in the manner you want as a quick cheat list when you are working in photoshop/illustrator.

Wow that may just be crazy enough to work! Wonder if there is a way to do this with Font Book otherwise it would be annoying to do...but worth it of course
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Gah!

Neotechnophiles.

i have-took many many pages...
  • Reply 8 of 14
    How by hand or did you have a program to do it for you?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    as expected. did you use multiple columns?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    multiple columns
  • Reply 11 of 14
    hmm. you know people might be interested in having that list. i know of one...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    lol i'll send it to you
  • Reply 13 of 14
    actually i did them all in word, one by one, i hope i still have the list
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

lol i'll send it to you

i meant ast3r3x, but thanks... it might be worth it to post it on the web somewhere... i may even be interested come to think of it...