Is "cyber-sex" cheating?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 69
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

if one is doing it to reach into another person's mind and caress their labia with glistening phonemes . . . then it is another story entirely

• Reply 22 of 69
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

"and now my zipper is slowly loosening my throbbing meat rocket . . . "

I put on my robe and wizard hat.
  • Reply 23 of 69
    the truly sad part is i doubt many people will get that BR.

but it's my post of the month.

as for cyber sex, it's cheating.
  • Reply 24 of 69
    it's probably cheating. i can't explain why right now \
  • Reply 25 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

So it was YOU!
  • Reply 26 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i doubt many people will get that

I think it should be shared.
  • Reply 27 of 69
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Yes it's cheating. If you're worried about getting "caught" doing it by your significant other, you've violated your trust with him/her.
  • Reply 28 of 69
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

In the marriage case the guy broke up with his wife then went to meet up with his online sweety and that sweety couldn't believe what an idiot this guy was for taking it all seriously. . .

Poor guy. I feel sorry for him.

I think she led him on. Not a very nice thing to do.
  • Reply 29 of 69
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sorry, it's cheating any way you slice it. Especially if you venture into the realm of letting the person tell you where to put your hands, etc. etc. If it's only talk I'd say it's definitely unhealthy for your other relationship (in most cases anyway), but maybe not "cheating" per se.
  • Reply 30 of 69
    It's only cheating if after the cybersex she gives you the answers

(god that was lame)
  • Reply 31 of 69
    It is cheating.
  • Reply 32 of 69
    As of now:

12 say it's cheating.

3 say it's not.

Wow!
  • Reply 33 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I mean, you're just having thoughts! - no personal contact.

I'm reminded of a famous proverb:

Watch your thoughts; they become your actions.

Watch your actions; they become your habits.

Watch your habits; they become your character.

If you would be ashamed at all to share these thoughts and actions with your "real" significant other, it's cheating. What have you to hide from your "real" significant other? torifile is spot on.

If you are thinking about being with someone else, regardless of how you act on those thoughts, why are you even with the person you are with in the first place?
  • Reply 34 of 69
    Matthew 5:27-28: "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." ~ Jesus

Of course, this applies to women also.
  • Reply 35 of 69
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I'm reminded of a famous proverb:

Watch your thoughts; they become your actions.

Watch your actions; they become your habits.

Watch your habits; they become your character.

If you would be ashamed at all to share these thoughts and actions with your "real" significant other, it's cheating. What have you to hide from your "real" significant other? torifile is spot on.

If you are thinking about being with someone else, regardless of how you act on those thoughts, why are you even with the person you are with in the first place?

My opinion
  • Reply 36 of 69
    Brad is right. The thing to worry about is not whether it is cheating, but rather, what the hell is wrong with your current relationship that has you even pondering it?

Don't get involved with a relationship if you're not going to follow through.
  • Reply 37 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Are you talking to me ???

I'm 'single' at the moment.

Broke up with my SO awhile back.

He wanted to get married.

I didn't.
  • Reply 38 of 69
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Yes it's cheating. If you're worried about getting "caught" doing it by your significant other, you've violated your trust with him/her. [/B]

Bingo.

Cheating==Violation of trust.

If you have the kind of relationship where your partner would not be offended, and you could even tell that you had a cyber with a stranger and have them laugh about it, then it's definitely not cheating.
  • Reply 39 of 69
    I think the better question for this thread would be "Do you think cyber sex should be considered cheating in a relationship?" because the question "Is cyber sex cheating?" is like asking "Is cable included with the rent?". It varies from case to case.
  • Reply 40 of 69
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Bingo.

Cheating==Violation of trust.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Cheating in a more general sense is any violation of trust. Cheat on a test, you violated the examiner's trust, etc. You get the idea....