Drudge Report claiming new Kerry scandal

Comments

• Reply 21 of 109
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Drudge is full of shit. I hope Al Franken punches him in the face some time.

Kerry is 12 and 14 he is unstoppable. I was all about Dean but Kerry is the next best thing and nothing can stop him now. Once you have this inertia in the beginning of the primaries it's almost a done deal. Edwards doesn't have the charisma. Dean fumbled the ball. And Clark could have had a chance, not sure why he bowed out, he should've hung on a little more since he has as much electability or more than Kerry.

Existence it's not over for Kerry, it's just beginning. I think it is very likely he will be the next President.
  • Reply 22 of 109
    what did it say? i can't get to it
  • Reply 23 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Drudge is full of shit.

I don't know...he says that several more mainstream and "credible" news sources are sitting on this one, and are basically the same sources that sat on the Lewinsky story before Drudge broke it (i.e. Newsweek, Washington Post, etc.)

But I am biased it is the first webpage I visit every morning.
  • Reply 24 of 109
    DUH

HUGE BRAIN *FART*

Never mind.
  • Reply 25 of 109
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Horned_Frog

DUH

HUGE BRAIN *FART*

Never mind.

I saw it.
  • Reply 26 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

what did it say? i can't get to it

nevermind i found out
  • Reply 27 of 109
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

How reputable is the Drudge Report?

How reputable is the Hassan i Sabbah Report?

Nick
  • Reply 28 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Nick

What is our expectation of reliability if we're comparing Hassan to Drudge?

Personally, I hope that Drudge is more reliable. His reports have much more effect on public opinion than something Hassan may type. (No offense intended.)

How long until the Kerry camp respond? Do they respond? Does Drudge provide more than just hearsay at some point? When will the big papers start reporting on it?

This should be fun to watch.
  • Reply 29 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

How long until the Kerry camp respond?

"I did NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS with that woman, miss AP girl...I never told anyone to leave the country, not a single time...NEVER...these allegations are FALSE and I need to get back to the job the Liberal Democrats want me to do."

• Reply 30 of 109
    Quote:

Nick

i guess i am kinda confused...did hassan put forth a "world exculsive" report??

when he does, i will worry about his rep....

as for now, if nothing further comes of this, i wonder if kerry can sue for slander? and if so, does he need to be any richer??

g
  • Reply 31 of 109
    Quote:

Nick

Absolutely not to be trusted, not ever.

But I asked first. How reputable is the Drudge Report really? I don't know anything about it.
  • Reply 32 of 109
    Oh man, I hate to pop this up here...but it is too funny regardless of what you think of Drudge.

http://www.neo-progressive.net/
  • Reply 33 of 109
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Since "The Peanut butter soup uncovered" I have trusted everything that comes from Hassan.

I don´t care about Kerry. This may be a good thing. Edwards would be just as worthy opponent in debates with Bush as Kerry (especially if he wore high heels) and he has visio... his visions appeal more to me than Kerrys. How the american voting system works force me to look at this in a strategic way and a sex scandal would benefit the way I want politics to be worked.

Watch http://presidentialmarket.org/ for what consequences this will have the next couple of days.
  • Reply 34 of 109
  • Reply 35 of 109
    Quote:

Originally posted by Horned_Frog

Clark to endorse Kerry:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...435EST0674.DTL [/B]

Sounds almost... vice-presidential...
  • Reply 36 of 109
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    My theory is that this is just a big lie. There's no truth in it whatsoever. I mean, who would have sex with that guy?

I think this was planted by the Kerry campaign to remind people of how they hated the investigations of Clinton's personal life. When this gets out, and a few Repubs who don't get the memo start making comments about it, Kerry's numbers will skyrocket.

These are the kind of scandals we love in our presidents anyway. National Guard? WMDs? How boring. I'm an American voter. I watch Cheaters and Elimidate on Fox. I need something I can understand. Give me a sex scandal any day.

Kerry '04!
  • Reply 37 of 109
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    As for the CA recall election: It doesn't matter when Republicans do it. When Democrats do it, it's HUGE.
  • Reply 38 of 109
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    It's a bullshit story.

No facts no names... no nothin', it's bullshit.

Clark is set to endorse Kerry today or tomorrow.

By the way... in 92' they tried the same thing with Clinton and a "wire reporter" but it didn't fly... know why? It was a lie... a last gasp effort by the Bush campaign to sink Clinton.

So this time around they're just starting earlier... because Kerry is a real threat.

Drudge is crap. It's not a newsflash. he's always been crap.

And if mainstream media picks this up without any confirmation... they've become as crap as Drudge.

They had to get this crap out while the Bush AWOL story gets worse and worse. This exactly what we should expect from Rove and his minions... plant a story and the all start marching in Lock step.

Oh and the unemployment firgures were also "worse than expected" again.

And just so you're up on the facts Kerry was single for many years while in the Senate... they may be just trying to confuse the issue and bring up old and quite normal love affairs.

hey... look a story just as valid about Bush.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/stor...nstanceid=5978

Already the Internet is awash with rumors about Bush's personal life, including allegations of womanizing.

However, the Republican contender is a genuine family man, say insiders. He married his wife Laura in November 1977, and in November 1981, she gave birth to twin girls, who were named for their grandmothers, Jenna and Barbara.

But with less than a year to go to the 2000 election, the first big sexual broadside has been fired at the Bush bandwagon by 35-year-old Tammy Phillips, a partner in a gym in Carrollton, Tex.

As an ENQUIRER team looked into her bombshell claims, we learned that Tammy is a former stripper, who began dancing in clubs when she was only 14. She claims she was introduced to Gov. Bush by her uncle, a prominent Republican, in early December 1997 during a political function at a hotel in Midland, Tex.

"I was wearing a tiny miniskirt -- and it was instant combustion," she told The ENQUIRER.

Tammy alleges that she and Gov. Bush made passionate love that very day before leaving the hotel.

FAST FACT!

George W. Bush and his wife Laura tied the knot after knowing each other only three months.

And her story becomes even more lurid.

The next day, she says, the Texas Governor called her on her cell phone and made a date for a few days later -- asking her to wear the same red panties she'd worn when they first met.

This time their rendezvous took place in the unlikely setting of the men's room at a Best Western motel in Houston, claims the torrid temptress. After it was over, she says, they went their separate ways -- with Gov. Bush allegedly taking her red panties with him.

Six other similarly clandestine liaisons took place before their final one in San Diego last June, asserts Tammy.

She stops short of claiming a great romance with the governor. "It was simply sex," she says. "It was the cheapest relationship you can imagine."

Tammy -- who posed for Playboy lingerie and swimsuit issues between 1989 and 1992 -- told The ENQUIRER she was holding the "smoking gun" proof of the relationship: a handwritten note from Gov. Bush in which he mentions the red panties.
  • Reply 39 of 109
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I'm with BRussell, if it's true we'll be stumbling toward November....in slow motion...this could be fantastic, especially if the chickie is young and hot!

What? What issues? There's boobs involved right?

Right. Politicians.

Like I said, boobs.
  • Reply 40 of 109
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    So Clark mentioned this last week, yet it didn't hit the web until the day after he dropped out of the race?

I have a headache. Dean can't beat Bush, I don't think that Edwards can beat Bush, and the last thing we need in a candidate is John Kerry if he was having affairs. I knew John Kerry's parents and they'd be turning in their graves if this is true.