Everything is a deal on the deals page...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I just took a spin on the deals page at Apple and I have never seen everything listed as actually available. (With a little square box next to it) usually at least some of the items are not available. Tuesday should be the date now with IBM at the ISSCC2004, But IBM, according to the Advance Program is not sceduled to speak until next Thursday in regards to microprocessors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    From what I just read, you are either writing a stream of consciousness from your brain, or the two points you make are related.

Can you explain more...how pt.1 and pt.2 are related for a topic heading..maybe i don't know all about the IBM conference in relation to HOT DEALS (assuming you mean store.apple.com)?

-walloo.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Maybe your saying...

APPLE IS GETTING RID OF ALL OF THEIR INVENTORY, AND MIGHT BE RELEASING A NEW COMPY PRETTY SOON ! BUT WE'LL FIND OUT -MAYBE- WHEN IBM SPEAKS NEXT.

You coulda' just said that.

I LIKE word problems...

-walloo.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by willywalloo

From what I just read, you are either writing a stream of consciousness from your brain, or the two points you make are related.

willywalloo,

Thank god you don't get it either! I'm home sick today (really sick too, I feel like crud) and after reading that I just thought it was my fever getting the best of me...

Ugh but the fact still remains that I'm not feeling good at all...

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Dave, I hope you and this thread get well soon.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I think that I have been reading these pages for too long. It made perfect sense to me.

Apple is clearing out their stock, so they must be preparing to announce something new. Usually they announce such things on Tuesdays, but that will be out of sync with the IBM presentation on Thursday.

It was a tad cryptic in the way it was worded.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Ok, OK I will respond. lol . Even I, after rereading this believe that I was not being clear, and maybe this was a stream of thought. Sorry for those who were confused.

Now it has been widely published that IBM will announce a 2.5ghz G5, But that talk will be on Thursday, as far as I can tell. So with the announcement, does that mean Apple goes ahead and announces Tuesday, or will there still be a wait.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    you might notice that they just changed the way the store works. now they just don't show items that you can't immediately buy, hence everything is in stock.

it's not a blowout, there are just less items, and they change.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by TheFake

you might notice that they just changed the way the store works. now they just don't show items that you can't immediately buy, hence everything is in stock.

it's not a blowout, there are just less items, and they change.

In my view, I see more items now. I check the page about once a week and I don't remember seeing this many different systems on the page.

Sorry I have a different view on the matter.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    granted, they do have a lot in stock right now, but the reason everything is available is because of the change in how they list things. for instance, you will notice there are no more high end laptops listed (1.25 15" or 1.33 17") or base stations.

as things get sold out, they will disappear, instead of just losing a checkmark. it's pretty good psychologically, now people will buy something instead of seeing they offer something else better and waiting for it.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Well, I noticed that they used to have all the G5 models listed under "refurbished PowerMac G5", with the checkboxes coming and going, and now those items are no longer listed. SmallDog had ONE in stock earlier this week. There are some new single 1.8's out there, Hot Deals wants $2099 for them, some folks still have some at lower prices, but they seem to be drying up very quickly.

It certainly seems like the G5's are being blown out at a rapid clip. But I have to remind you all that this happened last year with the 15" Powerbooks - they were blowing them out in May and inventory levels went to zero everywhere - yet months went by with no update, until the 15" Alubook finally came out in November.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Yea that PB wait from hell was a fiasco. But, never fear oldmacfan, my posts too, are a stream directly from my brain. Spell and grammer, who needs it?