FIFA 2004 Soccer

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So I was on an airplane flying home watching a video from CSN news, and they were doing a tech talk. They featured a story on the new EA Game call FIFA 2004.

The guy they showed playing it was using a Powerbook, no doubt it was a powerbook, so when I go home I went to EA web site and no FIFA 2004 for MAC.

What's up with that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    The only game that EA Sports had on a mac was Madden 2000 (don't rememebr who did the actual porting), it didn't fair too well and that was the end of that. You probably just saw a PC notebook that looked like a powerbook.

In any case, most gamers will agree that playing sports games is probably better on the consoles. Get the network kits for either Xbox or PS2 and you can get the latest rosters, etc.

If you like Soccer games (Real "Football" for the fanatics) than I highly recommend you get Winning Eleven. Should come out this month if not already. It's been geting rave reviews from die hard soccer fans. And has a reputation of being far more realistic than FIFA, the only problem being that they don't have the official licensing rights from FIFA, otherwise it is a great game.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Winning Eleven, I'll check that on out!

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 6
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trowa

The only game that EA Sports had on a mac was Madden 2000 (don't rememebr who did the actual porting), it didn't fair too well and that was the end of that. You probably just saw a PC notebook that looked like a powerbook.

There were also Mac OS X ports of Tiger Woods 2003 and F1 Championship Season 2000.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    What is this "soccer" that you speak of?

~Lost, confused American in Europe
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

What is this "soccer" that you speak of?

~Lost, confused American in Europe

Sorry, my mistake. I mean football
  • Reply 6 of 6
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    does any sports game do well on a desktop platform (as opposed to console)? i know there are some who invest in specialized controllers for games such as the gamepads, steering wheels and joysticks, but it seems that any game requiring more than a keyboard and mouse will have a tough climb in the market.