What's the worst thing you've ever done?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seriously, don't be shy. As for me... I aimed a laser pointer at someone and she had a heart attack and almost died because she thought a gun was being pointed at her. Good thing the cops never found me out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 70
    I ratted out my pothead roommate 'cause he pissed me off.

(Don't do anything when you're angry.)
  • Reply 2 of 70
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    When I was 10 and my brother was 8 I told him to 'flap your ears like Dumbo and fly'. He grew up heavy and I didn't, and it was said during some sibling fight over nothing.

It still leaves a pit in my stomach just thinking about it.
  • Reply 3 of 70
    I went out to the local Olive Garden a few days ago. The parking lot was literally full and I had circled around twice. Then, a car started to pull out, some guy in an SUV that just entered the lot positioned himself to take it, but I quickly pulled out in front of him and grabbed it first.

I kinda felt bad about that. \ I'm not typically a proponent of road rage. I could tell the guy was pissed by the shaking of fist and loud swearing coming from the window.

I hit a kid when I was in first grade.

*whew*

Wow, it really feels better getting all that off my chest.
  • Reply 4 of 70
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    One time my grandparents were visiting my home. As they were getting ready to leave, they needed some help bringing some stuff to their car. Jokingly, I said "not me!" and ran off. Well... they took it seriously, and had to carry all the stuff themselves. On top of that, I waited a bit too long and by the time I came back they had already left. I felt so terrible for making my poor old grandparents carry all that stuff up to their car. So later that week I came over to their house and cleaned it up a bunch. They appreciated that and accepted my apology. So I got over it, but I felt so awful at first.
  • Reply 5 of 70
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    When I was younger my mother made me and my sister go to Sunday School before church service while my parents went out for breakfast and met back with us just before church started. One time when I was about 11 we went outside to play freeze tag because it was a really nice day and the instructor thought we deserved to have some fun for being so good. I took my shoes off because I felt like it, the grass was soft, there were no rocks in the grass, it was warm out, it seemed like a good idea. This one kid in there with us must have not thought it was a good idea because he kept stepping on my toes, and I knew it was on purpose because every time he'd shoot me this stupid smile like "Yeah, what now? I stepped on your foot because I can. I bet it hurt, muahaha.". So after asking him once to stop, and then two warnings that he was gonna make me mad, he kept doing it. Forgetting where I was and who was around I just hauled off and punched him in the face. He fell down, just out of pure surprise, I doubt I could have knocked a kid down with one punch when I was that young, and I climbed on top of him and continued to beat him in the face until the Sunday School lady dragged me off of him. Being dragged into the church's sunday school building I saw the Priest standing with his arms crossed giving me a sad disapproving stare. I've done worse I'm sure, but by the views of most people I'm sure that's pretty bad, and the first thing that came to mind. I didn't go to Sunday School too much longer. I guess it's bad that I'm not sorry either, the kid deserved something, probably not to get the snot beat out of him in front of a church while everybody was pulling in right before mass, but oh well.
  • Reply 6 of 70
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    My roommate and I decided to drive to the beaches of Mexico for spring break (years ago).

A friend of hers ended up coming along (a guy).

They weren't 'involved' or anything. They were basically 'friends'.

But a huge, mutual attraction sprang up between this guy (Tom) and me. There was just no denying its intensity.

So one night, the van was parked on the beach near a big campfire, where other people had gathered too. Tom and I left the fire and went into the van. We were wrapped in each others arms in the back of the van, right next to a round window. The moonlight was streaming in. I opened my eyes, looking over his shoulder, and there was my roommate's face in the window, looking right at me/us. There was nothing I could do but close my eyes. It was awful.

The worst part is that I know I would do it again if the 'exact same' circumstances happened again. Though they weren't involved, they were friends, and I shouldn't have let myself get swept away. I didn't flirt with him or anything; but the attraction was mutual and instantaneous, like a fire. I don't know how else to explain it.
  • Reply 7 of 70
    hmm i guess the worst thing i've done (that i can think of at the moment) is not talking to my ex after we broke up. there were lots of complicated things, and it wasnt all my fault, but i wish i could go back so we could be a little more civil about it. but its all ok now i suppose (still single though \ )
  • Reply 8 of 70
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Carol: If there was no attraction between them at all what is wrong with that?
  • Reply 9 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I don't know how else to explain it.

You're a Leo. That explains it.
  • Reply 10 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Carol: If there was no attraction between them at all what is wrong with that?

Well, they were friends, and if I had been a really nice person, I would have waited a few weeks to 'get together' with him.

But it was a carpe diem kinda thing.

The beach in the moonlight, the balmy weather...the intense attraction, the beer. It was just 'too much temptation' for me to exercise all those good things, like politeness and common courtesy.

Anytime alcohol is involved, I can be counted on to make the wrong decision. (Damn! Bad, bad Carol!!! )
  • Reply 11 of 70
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Yeah I don't really understand what's wrong either. I think you did the right thing, Carol. There's no need to feel guilty about it.
  • Reply 12 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

You're a Leo. That explains it.

709 - guess what? He was too!!!

That really explains it!

Hmmm. What do you know about Leos?

Just wondering.
  • Reply 13 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Well, they were friends, and if I had been a really nice person, I would have waited a few weeks to 'get together' with him.

But it was a carpe diem kinda thing.

The beach in the moonlight, the balmy weather...the intense attraction, the beer. It was just 'too much temptation' for me to exercise all those good things, like politeness and common courtesy.

Anytime alcohol is involved, I can be counted on to make the wrong decision. (Damn! Bad, bad Carol!!! )

Why prospone it? Afraid to look "cheap"? Why does it matter?

[token internet comment]By the way. I have a couple of fine Chablis just waiting for the right occation. Care to join me C? [/token internet comment]
  • Reply 14 of 70
    I know I have to but I find it really really hard to tolerate any reference to astrology in my forum
  • Reply 15 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I know I have to but I find it really really hard to tolerate any reference to astrology in my forum

Damn Cancers! Crabby, crabby.
  • Reply 16 of 70
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    My girlfriend and I were going on vacation over Spring Break, and one of her female friends went along with us. My girlfriend and I were very heavily romantically involved - talking about marriage and all that. Well, it turns out her friend was really hitting on me. I should have resisted, but she was coming on awfully strong. We were out of the country, on the beach, I was drunk, what could I do?

So we went back to her van. After 15 minutes or so, my girlfriend comes up to the van and looks in and catches us in the act. The thing is, I didn't even know she had caught us. The girl I was with apparently just closed her eyes and went on with the business at hand without saying anything. My girlfriend told me later that she had seen us. She broke up with me, and I was devastated.

My girlfriend ended up committing suicide. I also shot myself in the head in a suicide attempt, and I've been blind, unable to speak without a slur, and on anti-depressants since then.

I've never found out what happened to that girl, but she really ruined our lives.
  • Reply 17 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Yeah I don't really understand what's wrong either. I think you did the right thing, Carol. There's no need to feel guilty about it.

Thank you for trying to make me feel better. That's very sweet.

Well, now that I think about it, the first time something like this happened to me, I was in 6th grade (age 11). This REALLY cute guy name Ronnie wanted me for his girlfriend; but at the time, he had a girlfriend, who was a friend of mine.

So I told him 'no'.

Part of me always regretted that decision; but if I had to do it again (as an 11-yr.old, or even now!), I would do the same. I just couldn't stab my friend, Linda, in the back like that. Not in a million years.

I don't know why I feel so guilty about the deal on the beach. If you could have seen her eyes looking in: inscrutable; face, expressionless. It was awful, awful.

Of course, her eyes were always inscrutable, and her face frequently expressionless. It's hard to figure out where you stand with such a person, ya know?

She was a Scorpio. I seem to have an uneasy relationship with Scorpios. I can speak and act on impulse; but Scorpios hold grudges forever. The slightest misstep, and you're doomed. You're toast! They hold you in enmity for unimagined millennia.

Apologies to any Scorpios reading this.
  • Reply 18 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

oh my god that is awful. I am sorry BRussell, if I could make a time machine I would go back and stop you or her...

I was going to post what I did to my ex - best friend/girl friend but BRussell's story is a little to close to home (and I am still recovering from my indiscretions)...
  • Reply 18 of 70
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Bah, astrology. Why don't we try raising the dead and achieving eternal life while we're at it? I'm sure you can conjure up some magick to explain everything based on the stars.

• Reply 20 of 70
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Hey, I'm a Leo too! So how about Carol?

I spent the years 13 to 30 more or less drunk, so I have a long list of pretty unpleasant behavior (I don't drink anymore).

I guess the worst would be the time I pulled a knife on a guy for looking at me wrong. I was drunk, and that's the kind of shit I did. The thing is, I am in no way shape or form the kind of person who has any business even carrying a knife, much lesss waving it around. The wages of alcoholism.

Anyway, the guy immediately pulled his coat off and started using it to slap at me while shouting "Call the police! This guys showing a blade! I fled in terror, sure that I would soon be in prison. I'm actually grateful that guy came at me, it ended the incident (that is, my astonishingly stupid display) without harm and shocked me enough to think about what the hell had gone wrong with my life. I got sober not long after.