So did they get Osama?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There are reports on Belgian radio that Osama Bin Laden got surrounded in Pakistan and will be tracked down in the following hours/days. Any confirmation about this? Sure would be good news.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 53
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Interesting, do you have any links to belgian news sources? Nothing in the US news sources yet.
  • Reply 2 of 53
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    This was reported yesterday and I almost linked to it, but I figured we'd wait until something more concrete.
  • Reply 3 of 53
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm going to have to call that one bunk.
  • Reply 4 of 53
    Yeah we got him he's here

• Reply 5 of 53
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    We'll get him in October.

• Reply 6 of 53
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

• Reply 7 of 53
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

And it will all be due to the fortitude and courage of John Kerry.

Aries 1B
  • Reply 8 of 53
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1082816/posts

so after the Republican's bitched about the moveon.org contest and hitler references... this is ok?... har har... fecking hypocrits.

A vote against Bush is a vote for terrorism???

But should we be surprised that this kinda stuff would come from chickenhawk freepers?

Remember...

Kerry (3 Purple Hearts, 2 Bronze Stars and 1 Silver Cross)

Bush (Community service for some undisclosed reason)
  • Reply 9 of 53
    What does that have to do with the topic?

PS: I'll believe it when I see it, and no sooner. I just assume it's not true. I'd be more than happy to be wrong of course.
  • Reply 10 of 53
    Isn't Osama part of this topic?

Aren't politics part of this topic?
  • Reply 11 of 53
    Seems like a derailment to me, personally. And "politics" is way too broad an area to take as a topic or direction. It would be nice if we had different threads instead of repeating ourselves ad nauseum in threads that gravitate to the same 2 or 3 issues. I thought the thread was about rumors of Osama's capture, not about neocon politics per se. Obviously, they do overlap, but the link just seems like it comes from left (or right) field with regard to the original post. now, that's just my opinion, not AO "policy" or policing.
  • Reply 12 of 53
    Well as far as Bush is perhaps waiting fo the best politcal moment to go in and actually grab Osama.

I thought an Osama topic would be the right place to bring up the freeper crazies... I guess they may just be too easy a target. hehe
  • Reply 13 of 53
    i wonder which bin laden they caught.....the heavy-set dark skinned/ broad nosed bin laden or the skinny light skinned bin laden.
  • Reply 14 of 53
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Bush will have Osama and Saddam brought over to the USA as invited guests for his re-election bash.

Shortly afterwards...a lone gunman on a grassy knoll using another one of those magic bullets will....

hmmm..sounds awfully familiar...
  • Reply 15 of 53
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1082816/posts

so after the Republican's bitched about the moveon.org contest and hitler references... this is ok?... har har... fecking hypocrits.

That certainly is as tasteless as moveon.org but the free republic isn't run by the RNC. I'm sure you can see the difference.
  • Reply 16 of 53
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Here's another, less hopeful, article.
  • Reply 17 of 53
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

[url]

Kerry (3 Purple Hearts, 2 Bronze Stars and 1 Silver Cross)

Bush (Community service for some undisclosed reason)

Military background a good leader does not make.

Remember folks, Kerry's political idol, JFK, had a much vaunted war record, yet he proceeded to get us mired in the Vietnam conflict.
  • Reply 18 of 53
    According to CNN, Mi5 is expanding by 50%. I don't think the intelligence agencies will be in a hurry to reveal the truth even if they have already captured Osama. They seem to be making sure that they get maximum mileage out of this mess.
  • Reply 19 of 53
    MoveOn did not create the ads and MoveOn is not connected in any way to the DNC.

But the Republican's did morph photos of Max Cleland and Osama in the Senate Race of 2002. So It's not surprising that Freepers would do the same thing with Kerry.

And apparently being in the TANG doesn't make you Presidential material either. Not even being president proves you can actually do the job. Bush proves that.

There's been plenty of press reports recently saying that special forces beleive that they have Osama cornered and are just waiting for the orders to go in and get him.
  • Reply 20 of 53
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Well as far as Bush is perhaps waiting fo the best politcal moment to go in and actually grab Osama.

I thought an Osama topic would be the right place to bring up the freeper crazies... I guess they may just be too easy a target. hehe

Or you could just start a pertinent thread...

Anyway, I'm skeptical that they have him surrounded or already in custody. Something of that magnitude would be awfully hard to keep a lid on, though admittedly not impossible.