What's your profession

Comments

• Reply 21 of 145
    I live off my parents while going to college full time.
  • Reply 22 of 145
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Crackwhore Trainee.

Ok fine. I'm actually finishing my MBA in June and an MHRM maybe by January while taking Physics and Math classes to prepare for my next undergrad degree and eventual career in Astrophysics.
  • Reply 23 of 145
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Full time undergrad Math & Physics Double Major.
  • Reply 24 of 145
    First year grad student in Biophysics...

For a while there I was nothing but a lowly research tech doing synthetic organic chemistry.
  • Reply 25 of 145
    i'm the ceo of apple......

i'm a student, i just started my own local video business to make some money while i go to college, and i try to get internships every summer.
  • Reply 26 of 145
    Macintosh Admin who is now working in a graphics house. In the past, I have held positions in two companies that eventually switched to Windoze, and left those companies (even after being offered training for M$ stuff - like I was going to let them pin the blame on me when everything got more expensive!). I can proudly say that I have never held a support position that requires helping M$ products outside of Office.
  • Reply 27 of 145
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

propguy, technical writer of design guidelines for retail and corporate campuses, model-builder, script writer, prop-maker, future producer and unemployed doofus

drew, you know you get a nice hefty portion of AI's advertising banners by virtue of being the oldest registered member. The second oldest member is gunning for you and that pension, though, so you better watch out. (and we all know you knocked off JRC to get the esteemed position)
  • Reply 28 of 145
    i don't know anymore...
  • Reply 29 of 145
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

drew, you know you get a nice hefty portion of AI's advertising banners by virtue of being the oldest registered member. The second oldest member is gunning for you and that pension, though, so you better watch out. (and we all know you knocked off JRC to get the esteemed position)

It was always a dubious retirement plan at best......the medication I have to take for the seizure-inducing banner ads usually eat well into that 24¢ check I get at the end of every month and sometimes the medications just don't work...I just hear voices saying "Hi! My name is Linda and...."
  • Reply 30 of 145
    i work about half time, selling my body and sole to corporate america. that is to say, i program (if you can call vb programming, ugh). i'm also a full time c.s. undergrad (on my second try with this whole "college" thing) at a school in new york city. so, by my calculations, i'm "doing stuff" 150% of the time, which is why i haven't been able to have a life in any meaningful respect in weeks (that is to say, i've been involuntarily clean and sober for longer than i'd like). also, i've neglected my second job, wherein i'm trying to make a web page for this dood i know (with very little cash involved). i do manage to post to ai every so often though.
  • Reply 31 of 145
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm in my fourth year as Technical Designer (as an apprentice).

I'll finish in summer, then I'll go work as that full time - can't wait.
  • Reply 32 of 145
    Full-time insurance underwriter.

Part-time wedding videographer.

Aspiring wedding photographer.

• Reply 33 of 145
    Business analyst...I look at ways to improve / streamline business processes using IT. Mostly, it seems, I spend my time arguing with developers who regard specifications as a kind of vague guideline and carefully explaining things to users who could hire and fire me ten times over but never learned how to use email.
  • Reply 34 of 145
    Bum.
  • Reply 35 of 145
    First Year Undergraduate in BA History at LSE in London.

I'm living off the money I earned last year (I've been a Weigh-bridge Attendant, a Waiter, a Kitchen Assistant, a Washer-Uper, a Sommelier, a Box Packer... and I've worked in Hospitals, a Nursery, Factories, an Industrial Kitchen (you should f**kin' see where/how they prepare hospital food!), a Quarry, Pubs, Restaurants...)

Don't know what I want to do with my life proper tho' \
  • Reply 36 of 145
    I was an Adult Film producer for three years while in California, (about 7 years ago) I retired out of the business when I married, and moved to the Midwest for a more, let's say, tranquill life. I am now the CTO for a small advertising firm.

And really, there are only small differences between the two positions. :-)
  • Reply 37 of 145
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I've been unemployed for the last 7 years...thanks to my friggin boss skipping town with some 'normal' chick to start a 'real' life.
  • Reply 38 of 145
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I've been unemployed for the last 7 years...

If you don't mind me asking, why so long?
  • Reply 39 of 145
    full time graphic designer.
  • Reply 40 of 145
    Webmaster/DBA for a division of a State University in Arkansas for the past year.

Prior Job: Spent 4 years doing web geek stuff for a public TV station in Boston.

Long ago and far away: spent 7 years as a Neonatal Respiratory Therapist.