Project Planning Software For Mac?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is there any project planning software available for the Mac? As part of an Open University 3rd level undergraduate course I'm doing this year, I need to produce a project plan / Gantt chart. The course team have provided a simple version in both Excel and Word format, but if there's some simple software I can use to create the Gantt chart on my Mac at home, that would be quite handy. However, if there's nothing available, then I can always use MS Project at work.

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    isn't cumulus some type of management software?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I have no idea what a Gantt Chart is, but a quick search on google for "gantt chart os x" yields a couple things that might be interesting to you:

CC Gantt Charts - freeware, recently updated but you need filemaker pro to use it.

OmniGraffle - everyone's favorite diagraming program. Even if it doesn't do what you want, it's worth the $$. I love it.

HTH.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i've been having a look for just such a thing recently.

have a look at this app

and let me know what you think, as i might buy a copy for myself!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    FastTrack Schedule by AEC Software, Inc. is a quality product that has been around for a long time.

www.aecsoft.com
  • Reply 5 of 5
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AMP65

FastTrack Schedule by AEC Software, Inc. is a quality product that has been around for a long time.

www.aecsoft.com

I agree, FastTrack is the way to go. I understand that MS will have a project Lite out for the mac shortly too. Till then, FastTrack is the mac standard for Project schedules.