Problems with HP 5150, tried everything. help!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My girlfriend's 867 12" PB wont print multiple pages in word. It spools all pages, says it is printing, but only prints the last page and half way through the last page it pauses for about a minute and finishes. I have repaired permissions and when I did that there was a bunch of jargon that I don't understand but it all had printer stuff, HP, should be this, was this, etc. Still won't work. Using 10.3.2, latest driver from HP's website, still won't work. Please help!

_dustin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Would you know how it is hooked up to the Mac? Directly or via network (AppleTalk, IP Printing, etc.)?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

Would you know how it is hooked up to the Mac? Directly or via network (AppleTalk, IP Printing, etc.)?

Sorry! Just usb, that is why it is so frustrating!!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I had a friend who had an HP printer that wouldn't print at all. It would claim it was printing but nothing happened. I fixed it by unplugging the USB cable and moving it to the next USB port. Don't know if this'll help you...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

I fixed it by unplugging the USB cable and moving it to the next USB port. Don't know if this'll help you...

I already tried that. Thanks though... Thankfully an Apple store just opened here in Tucson. I'll try the Genius Bar in person for the first time, hopefully with luck. I will post results here. If anyone knows anything still let me know though. I got her to switch and everything has been perfect until this. She still is in love with her Mac though.

_thedustin