How many free songs are ours?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Pepsi is giving away 1,000,000 free songs from the iTMS, and they claim that the odds of getting a winning bottle are 1 in 3. That means that the promotion involves 3 million marked bottles. What I would be curious to know is what percentage of those songs have been claimed by AIers. Post your numbers and we can try to keep a running tally of what percentage of the million songs (and 2million losers) belong to this forum's users.

My numbers:

2 for 4 plus one winning cap that I found on an empty bottle someone had abandoned. So:

winners: 3 losers: 2

current totals: 3 & 2

current percentages: .0003% and .0002% (hardly worth noting, I know, but now you get the idea)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

Pepsi is giving away 1,000,000 free songs from the iTMS, and they claim that the odds of getting a winning bottle are 1 in 3. That means that the promotion involves 3 million marked bottles. What I would be curious to know is what percentage of those songs have been claimed by AIers. Post your numbers and we can try to keep a running tally of what percentage of the million songs (and 2million losers) belong to this forum's users.

My numbers:

2 for 4 plus one winning cap that I found on an empty bottle someone had abandoned. So:

winners: 3 losers: 2

current totals: 3 & 2

current percentages: .0003% and .0002% (hardly worth noting, I know, but now you get the idea)

They're giving 100,000,000 songs away. 100 million. Not 1 million. The odds are still the same, though.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    Nevermind, I was beaten to it.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I''m seven for seven, and that includes two from vending machines
  • Reply 4 of 40
    while I'm at it, 3 for 3,cheating of course!
  • Reply 5 of 40
    fine print: you can only win two hundred downloads per email address.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Wow, and all this time I thought it was 1mil, I wonder how I missed that. I must have just gotten the number in my head and then proceeded not to pay attention to the adds. Whatever, more music for me Well, with 100,000,000 songs, thre's no way our percentages could even be worth noting. I mean, 1% would be 1million songs and I doubt as much as any of us cheat that we could get that many amongst us. Oh well

Oh and 3 of my bottles (1 winner and two losers) have been from a vending machine, the other one was from the grocery store, but I didn't cheat.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    4 for 4 without cheating!
  • Reply 8 of 40
    if i catch someone in a store cheating, i'm gonna use their ass as a bottle opener,
  • Reply 9 of 40
    I'm four for five. Even though Pepsi/Apple are giving away one million songs, I wonder what the final tally will be. There will probably be a lot of unredeemed caps out there.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    19 for 19, and I'll be sure to stay away from you superkarate monkeydeathcar...
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

19 for 19, and I'll be sure to stay away from you superkarate monkeydeathcar...

milwaukee used to be my home, i used to manage the mainstream on farwell and brady. (it's now a starbucks!) just do your cheatin' at the piggly wiggly and pic 'n sav's in cream city and you'll be fine.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    0-4 --no cheating obviously!
  • Reply 13 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

milwaukee used to be my home, i used to manage the mainstream on farwell and brady. (it's now a starbucks!) just do your cheatin' at the piggly wiggly and pic 'n sav's in cream city and you'll be fine.

I live on Capitol and Oakland, I go to that Starbucks all the time. Cool.
  • Reply 14 of 40
    I'm about 3 for 5. No cheats, but I do check before I open to the bottle (after I buy).
  • Reply 15 of 40
    0 from 0.

No Music Store for me.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    1 out of 4.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

0 from 0.

No Music Store for me.

why not?
  • Reply 18 of 40
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    because he lives outside the usa i would guess...
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Pepsi sucks... I'd rather pay the buck for the song.
  • Reply 20 of 40
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    6/4

I got 3 big gulp cups but only paid for one beverage, and they all happened to be winners... I also have one of each of the 20 oz winners... and how could you NOT cheat? I mean its just too easy!

two of my roommates are both 4/4 too on the 20 oz bottles...

so in total?

14 songs, 3 big gulp cups, and 11 20 oz bottles...

edit:

and the tally so far is at 60 winners from 70 chances...

.00006% of the winners and .000023% of the eligible bottles... or 10/200000000 of the losers (.000005%)