Services problem: make sticky launches classic

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I hate to have to post to the veritable graveyard of AI but this is where the thread belongs, so here goes:

I just installed classic support (long story) for the first time in a long time. I was trying to make a sticky out of some selected text in Safari using the cmd+shift+y key combo and Classic started in order to start OS 9 stickies! WTH?!? If the OS X stickies app is open, the service will make a new sticky there, but if it's not, it will launch OS 9 stickies. Anyone have any ideas? TIA.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

...I was trying to make a sticky out of some selected text in Safari using the cmd+shift+y key combo...

Sorry. I can't help you. But thanks very much for the tip on Stickies! That's seriously useful for me
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    delete the os 9 version of the stickies app

there is a more complete solution around here somewhere... but that should work for now...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

delete the os 9 version of the stickies app

there is a more complete solution around here somewhere... but that should work for now...

That's part of the problem: I don't know where it is. I already deleted the "Applications (OS 9)" folder and I don't know where else to look.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

That's part of the problem: I don't know where it is. I already deleted the "Applications (OS 9)" folder and I don't know where else to look.

Simple to find:

Let it launch the classic version of Stickies. Then, command-click its icon in the Dock. That should reveal it in the Finder.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    its in the apple menu items folder in the system folder of the root of your drive... or you could just do a search for stickies
  • Reply 6 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

its in the apple menu items folder in the system folder of the root of your drive... or you could just do a search for stickies

Thanks. And why would I do that when I could let you pad your post count while helping me? We both win.