Retail stores are buzzin' but are sales?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It boggles the mind as to why a company with such a powerful brand presence, can generate this kind of frenzy and interest at it's retail stores, can have such a small marketshare.

http://www.apple.com/retail/northmic.../gallery2.html

Yeah, it's been discussed to death (mostly Apple's high prices) but I would have thought these stores would have made a bit more of an impact.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

It boggles the mind as to why a company with such a powerful brand presence, can generate this kind of frenzy and interest at it's retail stores, can have such a small marketshare.

well... what shall i say... \

have a look at the german market for example... they sold - what - about 19.000 macs last quarter..?!?!... they should have sold 190.000 !!!! the whole problem in germany are the "others" who have arguments like "this or that app - is that on mac?" - "no" - "but they have that on my work" or "my friends are playing need for speed... i don't need a mac where i cannot be sure to get every app that i want"...

sad, sad, sad
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dude, that's a pretty standard concern. What people don't seem to get is that you can get a cheap-shit PC and a good mac, and own them both. use the PC when you need to, but otherwise use the nice mac. Because, really, no one wants to use a PC anyway.