Picasa vs. iPhoto?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/

that program seems quite capable for the Windows platform. Very nice looking.

I wonder how this will fair against iPhoto. Has anyone tried the downloadable demo?

Opinions?

(curious)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/

that program seems quite capable for the Windows platform. Very nice looking.

I wonder how this will fair against iPhoto. Has anyone tried the downloadable demo?

Opinions?

(curious)

I recently downloaded the application and it is impressive. I haven't used iPhoto in a long time since I had to sell my mac.

A couple obvious features that I like better are:

Uses your folder directory structure for pictures

Doesn't create that untidy organization of thumbnails,etc that iphoto does

Has a watch folder function

Has impressive performance

Don't likes:

Interface is probably not as polished as iPhoto (it is nice though)

Costs money

A better indicator of how other mac users think it compares can be seen by going to their forums. Lot of mac users asking for a Mac version.

Between this program and Apple releasing iTunes for pc my decision to get another mac is getting harder. I had to sell my mac a couple of years ago to by a pc to do some support work. I always knew I would get another but when iTunes for pc came out it really slowed my need. My iPod also helped. Now that garageband came out I am quite sure I will get another mac which makes buying programs like this harder for me. Don't want to invest in software for two platforms.

Oh yeah, this program is by far the best I have seen on pc for iPhoto replacement. Blows Adobe photo album away.

(Sorry for the extra info I was contemplating buying this today)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Downloaded the demo. Kinda slow.

Didn't like the way it litter picasa.ini files all over(of course I could hide them but still)

I've recently purchased the Elements/Photoshop Album bundle which to me is more powerful.