MacWorld Paris Skinny

Comments

• Reply 41 of 84
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Let's hope for worthy (and correctly priced, that means starting at 2199 not 2499!!! ) powerbooks.

-DDR (psuedo or not, it uses less power)

-Radeon9000 with 64MB

-Ghz G4

-minimum 12X Combo. 4X was painful, 8X is tolerable, but 12X (for a portable) is fairly decent, and it would mean I don't need to buy an external burner (I can wait 7 mins for a disc)

-bigger standard drives, and lest we forget, A PROPER TRAY LOADING DRIVE instead of that disaster in waiting slot loader.

K.

thanks.

Time to throw in a free sleeve too. iPods get one, I want one. Baby seal skin please.
  • Reply 42 of 84
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>maybe <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0208/29.mobility.php"; target="_blank">this ATI radeon mobility 9000</a> will make its way into the powerbook, If it does, I'll buy one on the spot...</strong><hr></blockquote>

mmmmmm, radeon mobility 9000......... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Reply 43 of 84
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by wormboy:

<strong>And in Europe, they are years ahead (eg SE T68i has been widely available for years).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uhm, it was released this on March 5 THIS year.

SonyEricsson was established last fall.
  • Reply 44 of 84
    Nobody seems to have mentioned this here yet, but the significance of SJ doing the key note in Paris could be the fact that he's going to announce compatible services in Europe.

So far Apple has let down European users with it's US centric services.

Fingers crossed he's gonna tell us we can order online prints and vinyl covered books!!! Oh and sorry that you had to wait 2/3 of a year for it heres 100 free prints :o

Sherlock 3 is also due for loads of cooperartions with local services and businesses!!!

More than likely though he'll announce iShit, a piece of turd that smells, moves slowly, integrates with no other apps, and only works in the United States and Canada, and us European users will still be gutted we can't get our hands on iShit

Tim
  • Reply 45 of 84
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    What's the chances of an announcement on Photo Album creation for us Europeans?

Other than that, iCal and iSync ready to roll are more or less shoe-ins, along with 10.2.1.
  • Reply 46 of 84
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Now i suppose there won't be anything really amazing. Everything big gets first released in US and then later here in Yurrup. Well maybe Jag came out about the same time in both.

I don't know so specifically what to wait... well Steve live won't be bad.

Now, ,.. who is coming? Should a new thread started about that? Are we going to have some kind of meeting??

• Reply 47 of 84
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Let's take some risks : my bet is :

new powerbook with slight change in the design (but just details) with a new mobo : DDR mobo with a 133 mpx bus with the new chipset and the new radeon mobility 9000 in it.

Speed 800 and 933 mhz, one ghz possible. with 1 MB L3 cache.
  • Reply 48 of 84
    Here's my prediction. Since Paris is the city of love I think it will be the perfect place to announce Apple's new branded line of lingerie.
  • Reply 49 of 84
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    iLace?
  • Reply 50 of 84
    iPanties and iBras!

Seriously, though...

I think Steve Job's keynote has to have more meat to it other than "well, here's the iSync and iCal we've been talking about. And oh by the way, Jaguar..." That's f'n lame, if that's all.

So I think there has to be some sort of hardware waiting behind the curtain on this expo.
  • Reply 51 of 84
    catcat Posts: 18member
    I'd like to see an Apple Phone PDA thing that has TriBand (3G) Technology built in. All of Europe has embraced one version or another of TriBand, and I think SJ will take a iPhone (sucky name sorry) demo it with iCal, iSync. It would be nice if he intro'd a new PowerBook to start things off, and use as the demo machine. When is the US going to have wide spread TriBand access??? That's just one more issue Apple has to deal with when bringing new Apple devices to the public. I still need a bigger iPod! Sooo much to think about. What day is Apple Expo Paris?
  • Reply 52 of 84
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    You'd think Apple would announce some new hardware instead of just repeating the same schpeel about Jaguar.

Sure, it's in Europe, but everything we've heard about Jaguar, they've heard about it too.

It's not like they're living in the dark. I hope Jobs doesn't do that...it's just so condescending to Europe.
  • Reply 53 of 84
    He'll annouce something new, that has not yet been unveiled. He wont waste his time re-releasing ical, bluetooth etc. though he may say they are available for download. At least its gonna be the xraid, at best an iphone, and somewhere in the middle is a new powerbook or ibook rev. Knowing stevie I would not hold my breath for anything but the worst. He is so boring, and he gets exited about the gay far off crap(like 30 minutes on rendezvous at MWNY) and shrugs off the cool stuff (dualies get a silent debut on the website).
  • Reply 54 of 84
    Apparently Apple's education site is listing discounts on the Tibooks that expires September 25th.

1 GHz and 64 MB Radeon 9000. You get my money that way Steve.
  • Reply 55 of 84
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Who was it that posted a rumor to the effect of "Expect an announcement every two weeks between now and Xmas..." ?

Well:

Aug 24th: Jaguar

Sep 10th: Paris (iCal/iSync is my guess) / Seybold (XRaid?)

Sep 26th: New TiBooks/iBooks (the promotion is on both)

Oct 15th: IBM unveils POWER4-derived PPC

Oct 30th:

Nov 15th:

Nov 30th:

Dec 15th:

Dec 30th:

So five dates left, and we have yet to see the next digital hub device, or XRaid.

iMac boost just before Xmas?

Do we get announced PowerMacs with the IBM chip for Xmas?
  • Reply 56 of 84
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    As far as I know tri-band has nothing to do with 3G...

tri-band is the technology that lets you use the same phone on all continents.

3G is 3rd generation mobile comunication (UMTS), and in most of europe 2.5G (GPRS) is still not the dominating standard...

Or am I completly misinformed here...?
  • Reply 57 of 84
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    tri-band = GSM at 900, 1800, and 1900(USA)MHz frequencies. 1800 isnt allowed in USA because US Military uses it.

3G is, as correctly stated above, UMTS
  • Reply 58 of 84
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Would there really be big splash spreads at apple.com and sonyericsson.com about their collaboration and the T68i if Apple intended to release its own, competing product?

I think rumors of an Apple cell phone are complete phooey.

Wasn't it at the Paris Expo two years ago that Apple released the Key Lime iBook? I'd buy a new special edition Key Lime iBook!
  • Reply 59 of 84
    BTW, Anders - RE: your sig -

Apple did release a black iMac. It was called Mac TV. It did pretty poorly.

• Reply 60 of 84
    Does anyone know if they will webcast the keynote? I haven't seen anything at apple.com, so I figure not. Does anyone else know different? For those of you who have been following this longer than I have, have they traditionally webcast Apple Expo Paris? I don't mind getting up at 1 AM to see this (PST for me), in reality I'll probably just stay up until 1 AM and watch it (if it is webcast). Thanks!

Blueflame