Ipod Mini question...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a 2nd gen 10 gig ipod, and thought of something this morning...

Steve Jobs mentioned that he thought that many of the buyers for the mini would be buying it as a second iPod, smaller, lighter, and so on.

So my question is this...does anyone know if you can actually use it that way, as in, will itunes let you sync with both a regular ipod and a mini?

I would love to be able to do that...

Thanks!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Yup. It will recognize both players (as long as you download the mini software). Of course it can only hold about a half of the files of your iPod. You should set your mini prefs for manual download so you can put the 3.7 GB of songs you prefer on it otherwise in automatic download mode it will pick songs for you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Yup. It will recognize both players (as long as you download the mini software). Of course it can only hold about a half of the files of your iPod. You should set your mini prefs for manual download so you can put the 3.7 GB of songs you prefer on it otherwise in automatic download mode it will pick songs for you.

or have a smart playlist with your top 1000 songs and only sync that playlist with the mini. i hate manual update cause things get unorganzd, plus ratings and playcounts carry over with auto-update.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Smart playlist good idea.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The mini actually stores closer to 3.8 than 3.7 gigs. I think the exact is 3.78 gigs.