What does the Powerbook and a Honda Accord have in common?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What does the Powerbook and a Honda Accord have in common? Futuristic illumination. The 15 and 17-inch Powerbooks have an optional, sensor activated, fiber-optic keyboard. The 2004 Honda Accord uses similar technology to illuminate the gauge cluster. In daylight, the gauges are dimmer, and when it's dark, the gauges light up the night. Below is an image of the Accord's gauge cluster:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    that is a cool feature, but i think our 2k Sable, (based on ford tarus) does something simmelar

(lookin at your blog)

at least 800$ to play solitair,

(/looks at blog)
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Did we need ANOTHER car analogy here?

Good for Honda for actually thinking, same to Apple. I knew I liked those companies.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    The 2005 Mustang uses 3 different colored LEDs with light pipes to allow the instrument cluster to be up to 125 user selectable colors. This link shows some examples.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    both have energy saver features to dim lights after x period

both have models with DVD capabilities, LCD screens, wireless capability

both have precision machined aluminum with near-flush hinges at fine tolerances

blah blah blah

• Reply 5 of 13
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    I hope we aren't all think, wow a car with a light up dash board. I think those have been around since the 1980s...And let's not forget volvo's S60r's do it in style:

• Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

at least 800$ to play solitair,

Only use it to play cards once in a while

Most of the time, the eMac is all business. Web development (Apache, PHP, MySQL), Photoshop, research, etc.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Myst

I hope we aren't all think, wow a car with a light up dash board. I think those have been around since the 1980s...And let's not forget volvo's S60r's do it in style:

You missed the big point:

There is an ambient light sensor that controls the brightness automatically.

Less not get all pissy about what our favorite cars are, okay?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

**** you Hyundai boy!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Uh if you mean when it's dark the light is brightest, than yes there is a sensor...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Too bad those gauges are on a Volvo and not some car where style would matter. (ducks)
  • Reply 11 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I leave my lights on all the time, so I don't give a rat's ass. Car turns on, lights go on. Car turns off, lights go off. It's safer to drive with your lights on anyway.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I leave my lights on all the time, so I don't give a rat's ass. Car turns on, lights go on. Car turns off, lights go off. It's safer to drive with your lights on anyway.

I do that too. There's less to remember that way. And yes, I really am that absent minded sometimes.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    sunreinsunrein Posts: 138member
    <smartass>

Well, I can't afford to replace either right now. That's what they have in common for me...

</smartass>