Format a Palm?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I can't find the manual for my Clié. How do I wipe all of the data from its internal memory? I was just going to pull the battery, but I can't find a small enough screwdriver...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    eh, I figured it out. Thanks
  • Reply 2 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

eh, I figured it out. Thanks

How about sharing for the record, LoCash? Did the procedure involve a bent paperclip, like on old Macs? Or was there another trick?

I haven't reset my Palm IIIxe since I bought it in 1999.... How's that for record uptime?

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 6
    You have to unscrew the top of your stylus to get the pointy thing that sticks into the reset hole on the back.... or a bent paperclip Then, you hold down the power button and the reset button at the same time. When the Palm logo appears on the screen, let go of the buttons, and apparently it asks you if you want to format the thing.

While I was experimenting with button combinations, I found if you reset a Clié while holding the "Up" button on the palm, it gets ride of the bar that is always visible at the very bottom of the device.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thanks, LoCash. It'll be good to know how to reset my Palm when I sell it to upgrade to the Apple ueber-PDA.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Yeah, you should buy that along with Apple's subnotebook
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Yeah, you should buy that along with Apple's subnotebook

Perfect combo. If only I had any energy left to hope for an Apple subnotebook still. My eternal spring of hope is running dry.

Escher