Apple's Oscar Winning Streak

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From CNBC

CUPERTINO, Calif., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Last night's 76th Annual Academy Awards presentation marked the seventh consecutive year Apple's Shake(R) compositing software has played a crucial role in the film winning the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. The 2004 winners in this category from Weta Digital credited Shake as a key element in the creation of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."

© 2004 PRNewswire

Im shocked this is not all over their homepage!

Also congrats to Pixar and Steve Jobs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Yeah, it is pretty incredible. Steve Jobs got his name mentioned at the Academy Awards, the man his hands in everything! It;s awesome.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    when was this in the show? i missed it
  • Reply 3 of 10
    i think during the coverage of the tech awards. plus andrew stanton thanked him when accepting the best best animated film award. i noticed he also thanked the marketing person and disney for doing a good job marketing the film.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Not a small price tag...

Shake 3 Mac OS X

$4,950.00

I was a little "shaken" when I saw the cost

Again, Congrats to Apple, Shake, Pixar, Apple Staff

Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

From CNBC

CUPERTINO, Calif., March 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Last night's 76th Annual Academy Awards presentation marked the seventh consecutive year Apple's Shake(R) compositing software has played a crucial role in the film winning the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects. The 2004 winners in this category from Weta Digital credited Shake as a key element in the creation of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."

© 2004 PRNewswire

Im shocked this is not all over their homepage!

Also congrats to Pixar and Steve Jobs

• Reply 5 of 10
    Actually, shake is pretty damn affordable, especially when you start comparing it to other packages out there.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

when was this in the show? i missed it

When Finding Nemo won for Best Animated Film...or whatever it was called. The guy who picked up the award thanked Steve for making Pixar such a great environment to work in.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Not a small price tag...

Shake 3 Mac OS X

$4,950.00

yes and realize this price is HALF the cost of Shake before the Apple buyout. In fact todays prices for Irix/Linux is still $10k

I wonder if Apple will have the balls to come out with a Shake Express at NAB this year. Something that attempts to eat After Effects/Combustions lunch.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I was very happy that Nemo won its category. It was a great movie. But I hardly see why Apple should be congratulated for Shake. It is not as if they had anything to do with producing it. Furthermore, Apple has not even owned it all that long. To say that Apple Shake has wan for the last seven years is more than a little stretch. Why on earth should any company receive an Academy Award for a good acquisition? It seems to me that the one who made it ought to be awarded, not the one who sells it.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Good PR never hurts.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

Not a small price tag...

Shake 3 Mac OS X

$4,950.00

this isnt a standard desktop app, look at other render packages, it is verry comparative, this isnt a tool for Mr home video nerd, who is recording a kids birthday party if ya know what i mean.

this is like photoshop on crack, for video

a must have if ya have that kinda cash to blow (or a feature film to make)