Why only 16 players online with Xbox?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am a very happy owner of an Xbox and have been a subscriber to Xbox live since it first came out. Because the x box and the pc are so similar alot of the games now a days are ported to the other platforms. one thing that I don't understand is why can toe games played online on the pc version allow up wards of 32 players nad every Xbox game is capped off at 16. My pc and x box are both running on the same cable modem so I don't think its a bandwith problem.

My questions are:

why can the pc support more players?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    robertrobert Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by robert

I am a very happy owner of an Xbox and have been a subscriber to Xbox live since it first came out. Because the x box and the pc are so similar alot of the games now a days are ported to the other platforms. one thing that I don't understand is why can toe games played online on the pc version allow up wards of 32 players nad every Xbox game is capped off at 16. My pc and x box are both running on the same cable modem so I don't think its a bandwith problem.

My questions are:

why can the pc support more players?

will the Xbox 2 be able to have up to 32 because of the upgrades

when will systems be able to support 62 players or more
  • Reply 2 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Dude this should be in the Gereral Discussion forum.

This is not future Apple hardware.

General Discussion

General tech discussion, including purchasing advice and industry trends.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    1.) WTF Has this thread got to do with a G6 ??? In future, write the body of your post then go back and put the title in!

2.) The Xbox games are probably capped at 16 players because it has a celeron 700 in it. Your average PC gamer probably has a system like the one I used to use. (P4 2.x Gig with a shit-load of RAM and more than likely a £150 GFX card)

The overall number of players on a server is more than likely limited by the CPU power of the game machine and the cpu power and network speed of the server.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    What is a toe game?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jouster

What is a toe game?

Games that relate to the toes on your foot. Like "This little piggy..."
  • Reply 6 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Off to General Discussion we go, and I'll get the "G6" out of the title since it doesn't seem relevant.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Dude this should be in the Gereral Discussion forum.

This is not future Apple hardware.

General Discussion

General tech discussion, including purchasing advice and industry trends.

You are right : moved