iPod mini colour indecision, advice needed

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm a bit undecided whether to get the green or gold ipod mini.

I'd like to hear what kind of people like green and gold.

Gold always seemed to me like an old colour and kinda not fashionable, but what can I say, it looks pretty cool especially when I wear a dark blue shirt it goes well.

The green one looks well crafted to me.

What do you guys think and how did you all make the difficult decision?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    I have blue, if I could do it over again, I'd get green. Just my thoughts. But to me it would come down to silver and green, if I could choose again. Silver is just classy and cool, maybe slightly boring but you cant go wrong with it. The green is probably the best "wild choice".
  • Reply 2 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Gold is absolutely the perfect choice for you.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Gold is absolutely the perfect choice for you.

reasons?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    I'd get green myself.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

reasons?

Who cares? Just pick a color and be happy. And besides, there are hardly ever any tangible "reasons" for things like color choice. What's my favorite color? Green, personally. Why? I have no clue. It's a personal decision, like what kind of music you like. There is rarely any concrete logic behind it.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    my question is, why do you really want an iPod mini in the first place? I thought you already owned one?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by nickweiss

my question is, why do you really want an iPod mini in the first place? I thought you already owned one?

Well, the main reason is because I really like the size of the mini. And I realised that I don't need to have 20 gigs of music on my ipod at the same time.

I am going to sell my iPod 20 gig to a friend for 330 euro.

Does this sound logical to you guys?

Well, see I am totally undecided with the colour and I don't want to regret anything so I want to be totally convinced about which one I want.

(I regret getting the iBook G4, which was a big mistake)

Is there anyone here that actually did get a gold mini? It seems like it's the least popular colour. i wonder why
  • Reply 8 of 11
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, if you don't need all 20 GB of storage, and would prefer the small size of the mini, then that sounds like an okay deal.

Why do you regret the iBook G4? What's wrong with it? It seems like it would be a great machine.

I still have no opinion on which iPod color you should get. All I'll say is that I'd personally want a green one, but only because my favorite color is green. I love the green iMacs and iBooks. Maybe you would like a gold one, I don't know.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Silver: the most elegant and timeless. Plus, it matches everything.

Green: a Spring fad. Will it look as good during the other seasons?

Pink: too, well, girlie.

Gold: hip-hop crowd. If you ever wanted the gold package on your car, then get the gold one.

Blue: not my favorite value of blue. I think it should have been darker.

For what it's worth, I bought the Silver one. Choice number two would have been Green. The Apple store I visited didn't have a Gold on display so I'm not sure what they look like in person.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Why do you regret the iBook G4? What's wrong with it? It seems like it would be a great machine.

Well, see the 12 inch powerbook really wasn't that much more expensive, especially because it has a bigger education discount. I thought the iBook was a better deal because for the same price i had 640 ram and a 60 gig hard drive and the only apparent difference seemed to be in the processor.

Well, I used a friend's 12 powerbook and it felt like night and day. It was a totally different feeling. It actually felt noticeably faster and just plain cooler.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with the iBook per se, but it's just an ibook.

And the lettering on the keys flake off.

I'll give this comp to my parents this summer and get use the old iBook 500 until the G5 powerbooks come out.

I think I deserve a pro computer now, having used nothing but consumer machines since 1992.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

The green one looks well crafted to me.

dont they all???