Should the next iPod include a P.A .???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I don't care who the maker is Apple...Dell...RCA... Anything over 250$ is alot to spend if it can get lost/stolen

So here is the idea

On the 20G and 40G models why not have a "Proximity Alarm"

How it works: the Transmitter would be inside the iPod

And would come with a small handheld Receiver (for you to put in your pocket, bookbag, wallet)

The alarm would sound if you get out of the 15ft "area"

www.fellowes.com has a "Proximity Alarm"

The Transmitter is really small... take out the button-cell battery- Im sure Apple could fit this into the iPod

and run off of its core battery.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36

Introducing the New Apple iPod...now with built-in pocket protector...Think Different...very different.

I LOVE IT!!!
  • Reply 2 of 36
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

I don't care who the maker is Apple...Dell...RCA... Anything over 250$ is alot to spend if it can get lost/stolen

So here is the idea

And would come with a small handheld Receiver (for you to put in your pocket, bookbag, wallet)

The Transmitter is really small... take out the button-cell battery- Im sure Apple could fit this into the iPod

Not only that, but if someone picks it up, the new "Secure iPod" releases a cloud of peper gas 10' in diameter...
  • Reply 3 of 36
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

great, so you'll have to take it everywhere you go?

toilet, shower, smimming, shagging ?

I don't know, I doubt that Apple would have one of their products be annoying or obtrusive. A personal alarm thing would get annoying cos it of course would go off at times it is not supposed to.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    The iPod is about the size of a wallet. I've never had my wallet stolen, nor would I put a proximity alarm in it. Just take on a little personal responsibility and keep track of your personal belongings. Like your wallet.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Obviously, you could turn it off if you wanted. In fact, I bet it would be an optional extra, not included standard.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

So here is the idea

are you really that irresponsible? its like 4x2x.5 inches! jsut put it in your pocket!
  • Reply 7 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

great, so you'll have to take it everywhere you go?

toilet, shower, smimming, shagging ?

I don't know, I doubt that Apple would have one of their products be annoying or obtrusive. A personal alarm thing would get annoying cos it of course would go off at times it is not supposed to.

That would be the MOST IRRITATING feature thought up. Just another reason we need to think twice about where we put our "things." HEH.

But hey, it would definitely be a cool feature, something to play with anyway.

-walloo.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    It's a hell of a thing to have to remember to turn off if you're in a rush. You walk out of proximity and have a heart attack when the bloody alarm goes off.

Assuming this is a worthwhile product, I'd be willing to bet you would see a third party manufacture something rather than apple. Apple has been hesitant to incorporate a lot of things into the iPod itself, and I'm willing to be it is largely a space-saving decision.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Here is an idea instead of worrying about the alarm. Apple should install a voice reginzion and won't work if the voice doesn't match it will automactly call the cops and send a constant signal so the cops can catch the crook. when all that is happening the crook will have no idea it is doing that. If only that was possible.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Here is an idea instead of worrying about the alarm. Apple should install a voice reginzion and won't work if the voice doesn't match it will automactly call the cops and send a constant signal so the cops can catch the crook. when all that is happening the crook will have no idea it is doing that. If only that was possible.

I just got arrested for having a cold...
  • Reply 11 of 36
    And I looked at the topic description and thought:

"I've got to read this just to find out why this fool thinks that the iPod needs a Public Address system."

<TO visualizes M.O.S.T. using his iPod as a megaphone>

• Reply 12 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    That's what I thought as well.

The new iPod: 10,000 songs in your van.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    No, no you all have it wrong... The iPod boulder. So heavy no one can steal it! Plus it doubles as great "scenery" in your front room. Of course they would then have to change their advertising slogan.... 10000 songs in your... Basement!
  • Reply 14 of 36
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I have a GREAT idea, lets put GPS tracking in EVERYTHING... so we are never more than a few keystrokes away from the all seeing eye. Lovely.

The UK has been looking at turning OnStar into a way to charge taxes/tolls. Be careful what you want tracked. If whatever you want tracked is on your person, your person is being tracked.

• Reply 15 of 36
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

I have a GREAT idea, lets put GPS tracking in EVERYTHING... so we are never more than a few keystrokes away from the all seeing eye. Lovely.

The UK has been looking at turning OnStar into a way to charge taxes/tolls. Be careful what you want tracked. If whatever you want tracked is on your person, your person is being tracked.

Once again your bullshitting us. Blah blah blah blah. Do you ever stop. My idea was better then yours. Luckly mine is not possible. Your bullshitting apple. Your bullshitting Steve Jobs. So far your looking like a pro windows and pro Bill Gates. Con apple and con Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Once again your bullshitting us. Blah blah blah blah. Do you ever stop. My idea was better then yours. Luckly mine is not possible. Your bullshitting apple. Your bullshitting Steve Jobs. So far your looking like a pro windows and pro Bill Gates. Con apple and con Steve Jobs.

Yep. Pure BS.

More PURE BS
  • Reply 17 of 36
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    That is a bad idea, IMO...but even if it is workable, it has "3rd Party Add On" written all over it.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:

Your usage of the word your in context is improper. Continue to do it and we will use the IP you posted from to track you down and charge you a fine for each repeated offense.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Transcendental Octothorpe

And I looked at the topic description and thought:

"I've got to read this just to find out why this fool thinks that the iPod needs a Public Address system."

yeah, off course I thought the same thing when I first read it, it's a good eye catcher it is :P
  • Reply 20 of 36
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

yeah, off course I thought the same thing when I first read it, it's a good eye catcher it is :P

Hmmm... I thought Personal Assistant. Maybe a babe in an Armani suit carrying the thing around and selecting your favourite tracks at your wim..... never mind.