Bored with Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am going so bored. They still make great products, but the rumor mill has died. I remember 3 years ago everyday new rumors of new colors etc...

Sure colors are no big deal, but don't you think we need something to talk about?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    i say we use the occasion of this thread to start baseless rumors like you guys (i am mew to mac community, i have read about it for years though) got in the day...wait....macosrumors does that

but i will give it a go anyway...

apple will soon release a 23 inch hd imac with a g5 and sell it for $2999 and it will come in colors, neon green, pepto pink, and shite brown
  • Reply 2 of 19
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    you got a point...

the rumors part really isnt as exciting as before.

even waiting for Keynotes isnt as trepidating as once.

maybe I'm just getting old..
  • Reply 3 of 19
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

... and shite brown

• Reply 4 of 19
    beige_g3beige_g3 Posts: 203member
    There was a long period (perhaps the "Glory Days" of AI) when Apple was changing at a dramatic pace. Apple was starting to make money again and Apple was starting to inovate again. There was a surprise around every corner and we were all hungry for good news from Apple. After the iMac surprise came the P1 rumors (the original i book). There must have been dozens of threads and hundreds of posts about that. (Actually that was where kim kap sol introduced himself to us....lol). Those were fun times here for sure.

Today I think Apple is in a "buisness as usual "mode. While not as exciting to the rumor minded, this is a good thing for Apple. They have solid products and they are making money. Yeah, the old days were fun, but nothing in life is permanant except change.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

you got a point...

the rumors part really isnt as exciting as before.

even waiting for Keynotes isnt as trepidating as once.

maybe I'm just getting old..

if you guys want exciting rumors, then i can pull some outta my ass, but they wont be true. the reason there havent been rumors is because apple isnt really on the verge of releasing anything out of the ordinary--theyre all upgrades and revisions. wait til summer...
  • Reply 6 of 19
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Thats why I took a long arse hiatus...I love Macs and all but since we dont have the rumors anymore it's pretty dull. When I was first here like 6 yrs ago, we had the rumor sites all fighting to get the dirties scoop first, and we had a lot to talk about and speculate. It's Apple's fault though since they put a stop to the rumors. Ever since Workerbee
  • Reply 7 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Thats why I took a long arse hiatus...I love Macs and all but since we dont have the rumors anymore it's pretty dull. When I was first here like 6 yrs ago, we had the rumor sites all fighting to get the dirties scoop first, and we had a lot to talk about and speculate. It's Apple's fault though since they put a stop to the rumors. Ever since Workerbee

what is/was workerbee?
  • Reply 8 of 19
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

what is/was workerbee?

An guy with inside info on the Cube, I think he was in marketing. He spilled all the beans about the G4 Cube, and was slapped down with huge lawsuits for breaking his NDA with Apple.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

what is/was workerbee?

Here's a little more poop on workerbee.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    salmonstksalmonstk Posts: 568member
    Quote:

i say we use the occasion of this thread to start baseless rumors like you guys (i am mew to mac community, i have read about it for years though) got in the day...wait....macosrumors does that

but i will give it a go anyway...

apple will soon release a 23 inch hd imac with a g5 and sell it for $2999 and it will come in colors, neon green, pepto pink, and shite brown

I agree Apple is doing great and has great products. They just don't change as often. In 1999-2000 people debated for days about just the color. Sure it was silly, but it was a distraction.

As a suggestion for rumors- what would be good or neat as a new addition to 10.4. Keep it cool.

i.e. Quartz extreme in 10.2 was cool. Not much in 10.3 was cool. Useful but not cool.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    We totally need more bean spilling. Anybody here that lives near Cupertino, go out and hit up the bars, that where I hear the beans get spilt.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by salmonstk

i.e. Quartz extreme in 10.2 was cool. Not much in 10.3 was cool. Useful but not cool.

Expose?!?
  • Reply 13 of 19
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

We totally need more bean spilling. Anybody here that lives near Cupertino, go out and hit up the bars, that where I hear the beans get spilt.

hmm one of my friends lives 30 minutes from cupertino, and her best friends dad works for apple.... (i've got no inside info though \ )
  • Reply 14 of 19
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Where's JYD when ya need him?
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Amen!

• Reply 16 of 19
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Wasn't he supposed to perform some crazy pretzel-style maneuver?

Maybe he broke his back in the process.....
  • Reply 17 of 19
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    I have a friend who's uncle's daughter's boyfriend's dad is a janitor at cupertino... still alas no inside info.

Apple is doin good at being secret all of a sudden
  • Reply 18 of 19
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I sense a "six degrees of Cupertino" thread coming on...
  • Reply 19 of 19
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by salmonstk

I am going so bored. They still make great products, but the rumor mill has died. I remember 3 years ago everyday new rumors of new colors etc...

Sure colors are no big deal, but don't you think we need something to talk about?

Stop talking (rumors especially) and USE your Apple computer. That's always been the exciting part for me right now.

I'm poor. I don't have Panther installed and ain't buying another computer for another 1-2 years. I don't need rumors I want results and enjoyment with what I got now. And I do.

If your profession needs the newest and fastest...or this field of technology is your passion then rant and rumor on and buy new shit. If not then why worry about it?

Enjoy it...either way.