Coca Cola screw up consumers.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Coca Cola release a new water in a blue bottle. Some tasters have taste it, and it look like regular water. The explanation is simple, it's the same water than every people of London drink at home. The difference is that it cost 3600 times more.

Coca Cola take people for idiots.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Linky please
  • Reply 2 of 28
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...023716,00.html

I'll stick with good ol' tap water thanks
  • Reply 3 of 28
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Coca Cola take people for idiots.

All those water bottlers do. You think Evian is so special they have to stick it in a bottle and charge 3600 times more than tap?
  • Reply 4 of 28
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Simple. Look for the difference...bottled water is well bottled water. As opposed to spring water.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

All those water bottlers do. You think Evian is so special they have to stick it in a bottle and charge 3600 times more than tap?

Evian is at least mineral water. There is also good US mineral waters, with good properties. But water from let's say Paris will be a joke.

Personnaly i drink Volvic, and it's a tastefull water. I can pay for qualitie, but not for regular water.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Bottled water is the biggest "legitimate scam" on the face of the earth. While I think one or two companies produce genuinely "pure" spring water, free of chemicals and all... most of them probably cut corners big time. The only reason we occasionally buy bottled water (from Sam's Club) is to have when the local water supply gets bad taste to it / when I go play hockey (to have on the bench).

The little lady wants to have one of those big Hinkley and Schmidt cooler thingies on hand in our kitchen now, but I'm not so sure. Anyone out there have this in their homes / thinking it's a good investment every month?
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Little-known fact: in the US at least, tap water is usually of higher quality (purity, cleanliness) than bottled waters. The FDA regulates bottled water purity. The EPA regulates municipal water purity. The EPA is much, much more strict about water quality than the FDA.

I just did a quick Google and found this: linky. I didn't really read the page, so I don't know how informative it is, but I felt I needed to include some sort of link in this post.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    You also have to realize that pepsi and coca cola both provide the only palatable water for much of central america, and IIRC the water comes from taps in the US... so why not try to sell it to the customers who will (often stupidly) buy it...
  • Reply 9 of 28
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    I occassionally drink bottle water here at school, but that's because the water here has too much radium in it. Luckily, our city officials have jumped right on the problem: The EPA is being too strict and needs to relax. http://www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/WaterUt...oryLetter.html My favorite part is when they compare Radium to Calcium. But I still think Bottled Water is a scam and I would never pay cash for it (I use my meal plan points here to buy it). I just don't understand how this got started.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    I only drink bottled water, because I hate the taste of tap water, and the hassle of putting ice cubes in it. I used to drink tap water, until I moved to New York City. My first glass of Manhattan tap water was my last glass of tap water.

I do wish there were flouride in bottled water, though. That's good for my teeth. But I'd rather brush better/more than taste tap water.

Kirk
  • Reply 11 of 28
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Our tap water here in chicago is not very good. In the summer it can taste really bad. We filter our water and there is a significant difference.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'm not sure how our tap water is...not too bad I guess. It all passes through a water softener and then we have a filter at our sink that we get water from. I only drink real tapwater (but still softened) when I brush my teeth.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Do you think we'll see bottled/canned 'designer' air/oxygen next? Or does it already exist?

Just imagine how grateful all those hollywood stars would be for a serving of clean, pure mountain air...
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Evian is at least mineral water. There is also good US mineral waters, with good properties. But water from let's say Paris will be a joke.

Personnaly i drink Volvic, and it's a tastefull water. I can pay for qualitie, but not for regular water.

Volvic's great: it actually tastes of something other than, well, water. It's got a sort of metallic taste. I like it. My favourite's Badoit: that stuff actually tastes weird. Unlike Perrier, the gas in it isn't removed and then put back in.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kirkland

I used to drink tap water, until I moved to New York City. My first glass of Manhattan tap water was my last glass of tap water.

manhattan tap water is the best. its the only one that tastes "right". well, when its not brown. you gotta watch out for that. i do have a brita thing, and a pur deal. and i tend to drink from the brita, because its in the fridge and thus cold even if it tastes like its missing its oomph, and the pur is just stupid slow, but its not cuz i dont like tap water.

i never get bottled water. seems silly to me. for hundreds of years man survived with shit practically flowing through our pipes, and we built up a tolerance and antibodies and such. tap water ain' gonna hert ya. waters free too. the benefits dont outweigh the costs, for me.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Volvic's great: it actually tastes of something other than, well, water. It's got a sort of metallic taste. I like it. My favourite's Badoit: that stuff actually tastes weird. Unlike Perrier, the gas in it isn't removed and then put back in.

I am not a great fan of Badoit or Perrier, but i have discovered in Clermont a very good gaz water (althought the gas is removed and putted back) : it's Clarendon (or something like that) a very small spring of Auvergne wich taste great. This was the water of Louis XIV who was bringed to him via donkeys in jar. At the time the taste was certainly different because they was iron in it (now it's removed).

Unfortunately this water is very rare, and i can fin'd it in supermarkets. But it was the best brand of water i ever tried.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by your_ad_here

Do you think we'll see bottled/canned 'designer' air/oxygen next? Or does it already exist?

Just imagine how grateful all those hollywood stars would be for a serving of clean, pure mountain air...

Dude, already exists
  • Reply 18 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    With most bottled water and these water filter things you put on your tap, the only thing that they do that tap doesn't is to take out chlorine. Most stuff isn't either instilled with extra minerals (which you don't absorb easily in this form anyway) or distilled more than tap, and they don't prevent germs and other smaller elements from developing or getting in the water either.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I love Perrier and I also love La Croix which is an American water that is rather good.

Check out the website.

Fellowship
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

I love Perrier and I also love La Croix which is an American water that is rather good.

Check out the website.

Fellowship

It's natural that you love this water La croix. La croix means The cross, a perfect water for any fellowship